cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bgRFC Unit is stuck in status "Unit is being executed"

esti1
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a custom bgRFC unit that has been in status "Unit is being executed" for several days.

In SBGRFCMON the unit has a green traffic light with status "Unit can be executed", but when I try to use any of the Unit Analysis options I get the following message: "Unit NNN is running and cannot be scanned using supportability tools". When selecting "Details" I see the status "Unit is being executed". However; I can not see a running process relating to this bgRFC unit in SM66, no locks in SM12 etc. I am at a loss to what this unit is doing, and how to release the queue for further processing.

I had a similar issue last week, where I manually deleted the unit in question using the option "Delete Unit" in SBGRFCMON, after which there was an inconsistency in the bgRFC tables causing a short dump when trying to process any subsequent units in the same queue.

Any help would be appreciated!

esti1
Participant
0 Kudos

I have just found note 1697569 - bgRFC monitor shows 'Unit is being executed' forever. Unfortunately this is only relevant up to 740, and we are on 750SP2

esti1
Participant
0 Kudos

I have also found the Inbound destination config where I can set the number of Retries and Unit Alive Checks. I'm not sure if this will take effect on a unit that is already running, but if it resolves the issue I will update the answer.

esti1
Participant
0 Kudos

Update: In this case the issue was an infinite loop in the executed code. Unfortunately we have not been able to cleanly recover from this scenario. The only thing that worked was to completely delete and recreate the bgRFC destination.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)