cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOBJ Categories Promotion Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an issue with BOBJ Categories.  My company uses Categories for a set of reports.  One is for employees.  The other is for managers.  Employees can only see employee reports.  Managers can see both employee and manager reports.  The person who created the categories did this in production.  They don't exist in our quality and development environments.  I tried to promote both categories and their associated reports to the quality environment.  The employee category and reports came across.  The manager category came across, but not the reports.

I thought it might be an authorization issue, so I asked Basis security to investigate.  The were unable to find an issue.  We even tried using the admin account to build the promotion jobs in LCM.  Any ideas what might be the issue?  

Thanks,

Jeremy

View Entire Topic
nublik
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have the exact same issue and this worked for me

Step 1

Delete only the folders and corporate categories in Quality and Development environment (No erase users,neither user groups or connections)

Step 2

Create a promotion job in Production enviroment, and only add the categories that you want to promote to Quality and development enviroment. Just add and close. Then select the categories(with the blue tick) and click on "Manage Dependencies" , select all objects and click on "apply and close".

Step 3

Promote your new job whit LCMBIAR file or by conecction to another CMS (as you preffer) THIS IS IMPORTANT For the Security settings just select "Promote Security" option and nothing else

Step 4 In quality and development enviroment promote the job and run promotion , you category whit the reports associated to it , now must be in place. Please tell me if works