cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change control for maintenance soldoc branch

Sharath_vuppula
Participant
0 Kudos

I would like to enable change control for the maintenance and development branches of solution documentation and manage the documentation changes through ChaRM. 

Question: how will the  soldoc changes that are released  through a change document of development branch be updated in the maintenance branch which is also change controlled ? 

SAP Solution Manager SOLMAN Process Management SOLMAN Change Control Management 

Vera_Jiang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days. You can unaccept it anytime if the answer provided was not helpful enough and you have further questions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi!

You can check in sm34:aic_settings2 for your used transaction type the SOCM action and consistency checks that will be executed/check when moving the ChaRM document from one status to another:

Example: SMMJ

SOCM related actions:

E0001 30 SOL_DOC_CREA
E0002 50 SOL_DOC_CREA
E0006 30 SOL_DOC_ACT
E0010 30 SOL_DOC_ACT

SOCM consistency checks:

E0004 65 SOL_DOC_ACT_PRECHECK
E0006 65 SOL_DOC_ACT_PRECHECK
E0006 70 SOL_DOC_ACT_CHECK
E0009 65 SOL_DOC_ACT_PRECHECK
E0010 70 SOL_DOC_CHANGED
E0014 10 SOL_DOC_ACT_PRECHECK

In ChaRM the cycle is created for the maintenance or Development branch, and it is when the document reaches status E0006 Imported into production when the SOLDOC element is moved to Production branch.

Best regards,

Dolores

Sharath_vuppula
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores,

Thank you so much for your comment. I was able understand that part of the process. But, my doubt is regarding how it works if change control is enabled for both branches .

Below is the step by step explanation about my doubt.

1. We change status of a CD from development branch to "imported into production" status.
  2. That will release the soldoc changes to production soldoc branch.
  3. Releasing changes to soldoc branch will also update the soldoc in maintenance branch.
  4. But, if we enable change control for maintenance branch, which maintenance CD will be selected while updating the maintenance branch(similar to what happens, while releasing changes from Design branch to developement Branch, we will need to select a development CD). Or is it not recorded in a maintenance CD as these changes are not made by a user.

I would like to understand how this(selection of maintenance CD, if it happens) works in the back ground while we change the status of development branch's CD to "Imported into Production". 

Best Regards,

Sharath 

Answers (0)