cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to HANA 2.0 express in Docker is failing in mac OS Big Sur Version 11.5.2.

sridhar_thiyagarajan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using the docker version 2.5.0.1 in my machine and the installed HANA 2.0 express edition is 2.00.036.00.20190223.1 version in the docker. macOS Big Sur Version 11.5.2 is the OS version of the machine being employed for this activity.

After bringing docker and HANA express up and running, I am executing a command to connect to the DB via a terminal from the command prompt. Result is that it is always throwing the below failure:

Caused by: com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: Cannot connect to jdbc:sap://localhost:39017/ [Receive of connect failed.].

Could anyone please assist about this error, information about whether this specific HANA express edition is compatible with the docker and macOS version used and also, about any steps if missed as it used to work in previous version of macOS.

Thanks in advance.

View Entire Topic
GeethaRanjani
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a mac user and I am also getting the same error as mentioned in this question.

Some of my other mac using colleagues have achieved resolving this disconnecting VPN. But it still didn't resolve in my system.

Seems like docker hana express local db setup is possible in mac but doesn't work always.

Can anyone help out here?