Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment of Standalone Portal DC using NWDS on NW7.5 fails

carsten_buechert
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

I tried to deploy a DC of type 'portal application standalone' directly from NWDS by using the context menu and the 'deploy' option. The DC is part of a local SC. Up to NetWeaver 7.4 this worked quite well. But with NetWeaver 7.5 I get the error 'no deployable archive found'. Did anybody get manual deployment of Portal DCs running on NetWeaver 7.5?

Regards,

Carsten

carsten_buechert
Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is an internationalized version of NWDS.

To run NWDS in english mode, please refer to the following thread;

https://archive.sap.com/discussions/thread/3920689

View Entire Topic
former_member337476
Participant
0 Kudos

I guess SDA file is not getting generated. Try building the DC and see if there is any error there.

Regards,

Madhu

carsten_buechert
Contributor

Hi Madhu,

you are right, no SDA file has been generated. Just a web archive (with no content). I found out, that this must be an issue with the newest release of NWDS (SP07). If I download and install it, all texts are german. So far so good. If I create a Portal Application Standalone NWDS creates a DC with the subtype (in dcdf-file) "Eigenständige Portalapplikation" (which means portal application standalone in German). Somebody has translated the DC-types 🙂 Unfortunately the build-scripts depend of the DC-subtype. So I changed the subtype manually in the files and now I can build. Unfortunately, I can't deploy any more. Because the deployment option also depends on a String comparison of the DC-subtype. The solution I found, was to use an older version of NWDS (SP01). Here everything seems to work. I will open a ticket at SAP to fix this when I have some time.

Thank you for your response.

Carsten