Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading excel or pdf file on click of a custom button using RAP in BTP

ramnath_vivek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to build a file upload repository in BTP, I know that with the help of "semantics.largeobject" we can create a placeholder for attachments that can be used for uploading attachment purposes.

With the help of blogs from koradaramjee789, I am able to create my service application as below,

Now during the CREATE operation, if there is no file available with the user i want to give an option for them to download the template from another table as a RAWSTRING type in BTP by clicking on a custom action button Download.

I am able to enable the Button "Download" by declaring it in the Metadata extension and behavior definition of the Projection view, need some help after this to download the file direclty or at least to open the file.

andre.fischer koradaramjee789 always active to learn from your expertise. Thank you.

View Entire Topic
ramnath_vivek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Was able to achieve this by using a virtual element in the projection view 🙂

Projection View:

Thanks.

saikatjay
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Vivek,
saikatjay
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Vivek, I am trying in the similar way to provide a template to the users. However the virtual element "template" is not getting updated with the class. Upon debugging I have found that it is not part of the structure ct_calculated_data in the method if_sadl_exit_calc_element_read~calculate.