cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTP failure due to RSDS_CONVERT_NUMBER

In one process chain, one DTP which is taking the records from the flat file is failing daily due to the below errors:

Error messages:

1.Error 'An exception with the type CX_SY_CONVERSION_OVERFL' at conversion exit RSDS_CONVERT_NUMBER (field SOPACTFCSTREV record 10

2.Error 'An exception with the type CX_SY_CONVERSION_OVERFL' at conversion exit RSDS_CONVERT_NUMBER (field SOPACTFCSTREV record 10

3.Error in sub step.

Actually we are manually executing this DTP daily(Display variant->execute) but we want permanent solution how to solve this issue as this issue facing from past one month..so instead of executing manually we want permanent fix. Please can anyone recommend me how to fix this issue permanently.

PFA the error-messages.png.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

Have you looked at the data in the file that is causing the issue? Your screen shot shows an error at record 1078

gdey_geminius
Contributor
0 Kudos

So, when you execute the DTP manually, you dont get that issue?

0 Kudos

Hi Gourab,

Yes when am executing the DTP manually, I don't get any issue. The DTP request gets successfull. I will execute manually then I will skip the dtp this is daily we are doing. Please help me to recommend for permanent fix

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DebjitSingha
Active Contributor

Hello vaishnavithoutam,

Seems like a classic case of data length issue. Check the data type used vs the data length. Length seems to be the problem. Handle this by use use of offset function in code.

A quick search will show multiple examples of similar error and how they got resolved.

Community Search For This Error

Viewers/ readers - If you find above information helpful, feel free to up-vote (arrows on left side).

Thanks,

Debjit