Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA DB Field update -Deployment

pramodu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear HANA Expert-

We have MARA Table in ECC which has been replicated in CAR through SLT Application.

We modified one existing custom field by extending the length of the data element from '10' to '18' char.

After this change Schema SLTECC.MARA under catalog changed to 18 also in HANA in our dev.

There is a Calc view on this STLECC.MARA was also present.

My Question -

Is my option1 worked the correct way to update the existing field of the table in HANA studio when we do the deployment in HANA? Logically, I think we have to do an export/import Catalog for the table which was adjusted else the calculation view will bring a new updated field.

1st Option

Step 1- Export the Table in Dev SLTECC.MARA from Catalog

Step 2- Import this file to QA under Catalog SLTECC.MARA to reflect new length 18 char

Step 3-Export Calculation view which is a projection on SLTECC.MARA from Dev with this custom field.

Step 4-Import Calculation view in QA

This process worked and the Calculation view in QA has a new field length of 18.

2nd option

Step 1-Export Calculation view which is a projection on SLTECC.MARA from Dev with this custom field.

Step 2-Import Calculation view in QA

This process didn't work and the Calculation view in QA is not the new length reflected. It has still char 10 lengths in view.

Thanks.

Pramod

View Entire Topic
pramodu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Expert-

We have figured it out better way. Adding the steps in case if anyone needs to these, you can try this..

Once MARA Custom field adjusted in ECC,

Stop DB Trigger on MARA Table. We did from DB2 backend with DBA Team.

Send that ECC TR to QA

In SLT stop the replication of MARA and then reload.

This will bring new fields/updated existing field attributes properties in SLT HANA view

No need to manually export and import.

Thanks,

Pramod