cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Add calculated dimension in the existing SAC Model ?

GiriRaaj
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

i am trying to add a calculated dimension in the existing model - which contains data already.

*i can see option to create Measures but not dimensions which has some formulae/calculations.

View Entire Topic
GiriRaaj
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks peter. but my question is - i am adding a new dimension in the existing model.

i have date,pono,povalue in the model. which has good amount of data already filled.

now my requirement is to add one more field called - ZPeriod - ( which is an extract from date field - but in different format YYYYMMM).

for example so what i will do i will perform calculations ( date.calendar year) and store it in the zperiod. permanently. (model level not in story level)

*Please note - this we can create a calculated dimension from story and achieve that. but my requirment is - create this field in the model level. to blend with other models in other stories.

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

giriraaj.ragupathi

Inserting a new dimension might force you to delete the existing data. You can create a dimension with blank master data. Create the calculated column ZPeriod in data wrangling of import job and map this calculated column to this new dimension.

Nikhil