cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to document the code of my SAP CAP and SAP HANA SQLScript project?

iperez-sofos
Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings.

I am working on a project based on SAP CAP and SAP HANA on the SAP BTP platform.

I wonder if there are SAP tools, or some standard, to intra-document the code of my project (both CDS code and HANA SQLScript code). Something similar to, for example, Doxygen for C/C++ code, or JSDoc for JavaScript. Does this exist?

Although there is no such standard tool(s), my question is from the perspective of someone who is working on their first development project with SAP CAP and SAP HANA, and wants some advice from the experts (or more experienced developers):

What do you usually use/do?

Do you intra-document your SAP CAP/SAP HANA code?

You guys don't intra-document your code at all?

Can JSDoc be used with my CDS code?

Are there links to blog posts (or other documentation) on this topic?

Regarding HANA SQLScript, I remember reading, a long time ago, a blog post (or something like that) by someone who proposed a kind of standard format to document store procedures, functions, etc. I have had no luck locating that post again. What options do I have to document my HANA SQLScript code?

Thanks in advance for any help and/or suggestions.

View Entire Topic
simon_oswald
Explorer

Hi Isaac,

I think doc comments might be what you are looking for: https://cap.cloud.sap/docs/cds/cdl#doc-comment

You can use these to document your .cds source files and the comments find their way into the generated EDM(X) and HANA artifacts.

Best Regards,

Simon