cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to increase No. of calculation jobs for a particular table in SLT replication

0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have started replication for ACDOCA table using SLT. As ACDOCA has around 2.7 Billion records in source system we have used ranges (divided into 5 ranges based on one of the Key fields) to complete the calculation faster. No. of jobs defined in SLT configuration as below:-

No. of data transfer jobs. 22

No. of initial load jobs. 20

No. of calculation jobs. 10

Once we start the replications there 3 calculations triggered in source system. As each range has around 500 to 600 million records calculation jobs are taking time.

Is there any way we can run 5 calculation jobs in parallel in the source system?

Note:- We have enough resources (background, dialog work processes) available in the source & SLT systems.

Regards,

Vinay

ian_kirkman
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Vinay,

Please can you confirm what value is specified for 'No. Of Parallel Jobs' for the table in LTRS -> Performance Options -> ACDOCA?

If this value is 0, then it will default to 3 parallel jobs, hence why there will be a maximum of 3 calculation jobs (and therefore also load jobs) even though you have specified 5 ranges.

Also can you confirm what reading type is specified for this table?

Regards,

Ian

SAP Product Support

0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your inputs. Yes, no. of parallel jobs=0 by default, I have changed the value=5 after starting the replication, it did not help. Anyway, the calculation is completed, initial load is in progress now.

Do you know if there is a way to increase the parallel jobs after starting the replication(like changing the entry at table level or something)?

Regards,

Vinay

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your inputs. Yes, no. of parallel jobs=0 by default, I have changed the value=5 after starting the replication, it did not help. Anyway, the calculation is completed, initial load is in progress now.

I have used reading type 5 - Sender Queue.

I have given parallel jobs=6 for another table, it has triggered 6 calculations & 6 initial load jobs.

Do you know if there is a way to increase the parallel jobs after starting the replication(like changing the entry at table level or something)?

Regards,

Vinay