cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use sample auditing reports to retrieve active users, active logins, and report usage?

0 Kudos

Questions:
Need the below details from Audit database, how do we use the sample audit reports to get this information?
Has anyone modified the sample audit reports to get similar data?

1.Most active users from last 6 months
2.Day wise login users (active) count for last 6 months
3.Document usage from last 6 months.

Queries/Doubts:

1.If someone(Users) is getting scheduled report dump (excel/pdf/CSV/Text) via shared location or any other application, will concurrent license usage be impacted?

2.How is licensing impacted if we go over the allowed concurrent sessions count of 40. Is the 41st user not allowed entry or will the increase be reflected in the yearly usage audit and then charged?

View Entire Topic
ayman_salem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at "BI Admin Studio" in the CMC, you will get most of the information you need.

ex:

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version is this? We are on 4.2 SP09 Patch4. I see a BI Adminstrators' Cockpit. Is this the same thing?

Noel

ayman_salem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This BI 4.3 SP02 Patch 300.

"BI Administrators Cockpit" is now called "BI Admin Studio".

0 Kudos

Hi Salem,

Getting below error:

BI Ad' Cockpit

ayman_salem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems that you have not configured the RESTful URL correctly or the port for RESTful is not open in the firewall.

0 Kudos

I have tested the RESTful URL and it is working fine, but getting above mentioned error in BI Adminstrators' Cockpit.

ayman_salem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The RESTful URL should be the same as the Tomcat URL.

ie. If you use https in the CMC Tomcat URL, the RESTful URL should be https
and if you use FQN for BI Server in the url, the RESTful url should be the same

Lastly, stop the tomcat, delete the contents of the tomcat working directory "..../work", restart the tomcat and wait about 3 minutes before logging back into CMC.

Also check if the port you are using is open in the firewall if you have been using it.:::

I hope this helps to solve the problem.