Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invert attribute/property causes shortdump

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two related screen fields in Webdynpro, and I want one to be visible when the other is not.

I figured I could do this by defining 'visible' property bindings to a WDY_BOOLEAN attribute (called "INTERNAL_CHANNEL") in the View context.

Field 1's 'visible' property is bound to this attribute.

Field 2's 'visible' property is bound to the same attribute, but with the 'Invert Attribute/Property ("NOT")' flag set.

Is this the right way to do it?

I ask because it is shortdumping with the error "Could not find attribute INTERNAL_CHANNEL:NOT".

When I debug IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE_INFO~GET_ATTRIBUTE, I can see that it finds the attribute INTERNAL_CHANNEL, but gets upset when it can't explicitly find INTERNAL_CHANNEL:NOT.

I've been aware of the 'Invert ' feature for a long time, but this is the first time I've actually used it.

It's hard to believe that such a basic feature has a bug, so I must be doing something wrong...

thanks in advance for your help

Paul Bakker

View Entire Topic
paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the answer - 'solved by self', as they say.

It's an issue that is specific to FMCA Formbundle webdynpros - my visibility flags were apparently clashing with built-in behavior that switches fields on and off based on their prefix (eg 'C_DATE').

I solved it by putting the relevant fields inside a transparent container. I now control the visibility of the container instead.

Thanks for your fast and helpful responses!

cheers

Paul