cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landscape and portrait format pages overlapping in one document for LOCL printer

junostarke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have created a smartform with a first page in portrait format and all the next pages in landscape format. The frst page does not have a main window, only the landscape page has a main window used for a table.

When I print this smartform with LP01 or attach it as a pdf to an email, all pages are printed correctly one by one. However when printing with the LOCL printer (device type SAPWIN) either to pdf or in physical form the pages overlap. There is only one page printed; the first page with the next landscape format page on top.

Do you have any idea what I can do to print the smartform pages seperately with the LOCL printer?

Thanks in advance.

View Entire Topic
hedvig_rohonyi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Juno,

If you print with device type SAPWIN, it is the Windows printer driver which creates the print data.
So usually a print in Landscape format is possible, if the Windows printer driver supports it.
If you print from the Notepad under Windows on the printer and if you set 'Landscape' in the Notepad, do you get a print which is 90° rotated?

Which device type is assigned to the LP01?

Best regards,
Hedvig

junostarke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hedvig,

Thank you for answering.

I solved the problem by creating a new device type ZSAPWIN which is a copy of SAPWIN but with a small alteration. See my comment below.

I am not sure what you mean with the Notepad under Windows on the printer, but the print was not rotated 90°. The landscape page was printed on top of the portrait page (also in the pdf).

And I didn't use LP01, I used LOCL printer with device type SAPWIN.