cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BAS | Business Application Studio Debugger not working or not attaching

jbibal-pdc
Explorer

Hi,

As of last night, something weird happened to the SAP Business Application Studio.

The debugger no longer attaches to the debug configurations that I have created:

{
  "version": "0.2.0",
  "configurations": [
    {
      "command": "cds serve --with-mocks --in-memory?",
      "name": "cds serve",
      "request": "launch",
      "type": "node-terminal",
      "skipFiles": [
        "<node_internals>/**"
      ]
    },
    {
      "command": "cds watch --with-mocks --in-memory?",
      "name": "cds watch",
      "request": "launch",
      "type": "node-terminal",
      "skipFiles": [
        "<node_internals>/**"
      ]
    }
  ]
}

My breakpoints are now always "unbound" and the "WATCH" and "CALL STACK" Sections are also empty

Additionally, the terminal now shows as "openvscode-server$":

Before, it used to show the name of the folder / workspace, ie. like "test$":

This problem started around 12-14 hours ago. Was there any updates applied to SAP BAS?
Hoping for any assistance.

Thanks,

John

parthasaradhi
Explorer

Facing the same issue. Till yesterday Debugger used to work fine for me. But now I am also facing the sme issue as mentioned above. Do suggest any workaround to overcome this.

With Regards,

Partha.

We are having the same issues here. The problem must be related to the openvscode-server$ route because, even if I place the terminal in my projects root folder, when I execute the debuger it goes automatically to openvscode-server$ route.

For example. Here I am positioned in my projects folder:

When we click on the debuger it executes cds run in this route instead of our project:

Can anyone at SAP shed some light over this issue please?

Many thanks

glauco
Active Contributor

same here.

MikeDoyle
Active Contributor

Me too, thanks for raising John. I will raise an incident as well. I have noticed that the integrated terminal display has also changed, showing 'user: openvscode-server' instead of the folder name

MikeDoyle
Active Contributor

Raised incident 324677 / 2023

jbibal-pdc
Explorer

Thanks for raising the Incident Mike! Hopefully something SAP can fix soon.

sreehari_vpillai
Active Contributor

Facing the same. I also observed the change in terminal with "user: openvscode-server" . Perhaps, its something we will have to update in the launch.json .

Normal NdoeJS application can be debugged as usual . I raised a customer incident as well.

liat_b
Advisor
Advisor

Regarding the change in the terminal - It's another issue. Will be fixed too, but it shouldn't affect your work.

jbibal-pdc
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for your feedback Liat (and Licam as well). Will keep this question open until a final fix is provided so that we may have a final resolution to the issue / concern.

View Entire Topic
sanjothomas
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I was able to solve it, by first starting cds run in debug mode and then selecting Debug: Attach to Node Process in the command pallate.

jbibal-pdc
Explorer

Hi Sanjo,

This was actually my initial workaround as well, but didn't find it sustainable when using cds watch, as running it automatically redeploys / restarts the CAP server for any new code change.

This creates a new node process that you need to attach again and again; but sometimes it won't attach at all.

So hopefully you were able to make Liat's or Licam's suggestions to work.

Thanks,
John