cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BTP ABAP environment and Integration Suite free plan for production development

steven_foo
Participant
0 Kudos

We are very new to SAP BTP ABAP environment and Integration Suite. Fresh from the oven.

Our management is asking if we could use SAP BTP ABAP environment and Integration Suite free plan for production development ?

Anyone have any idea?

steven_foo
Participant
0 Kudos

As part of POC we (as customer) could subscribe to the free plan for SAP BTP ABAP environment. Currently Deloitte consulting is helping us to explore. They too are not sure to our surprise as customer.
It has the limitation of:

Number of Instance: 1
HANA memory size: 30GB
Number of repository objects: 500 max
Note: limited resource, memory, object usage
Support: SAP community (no direct support)

So as customer could we use free plan for production development as customer or it is advisable to use paid plan due to the limitation?

Yes we know about the Integration suite which we are going to feedback to management.
So once it expires 90 days could we subscribe again?
I think all the work that the developer done will be wipe off if they don't download it.

View Entire Topic
MaxSkalatsky
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Steven, based on your information, I recommend that you activate the free tier plans for both services to get familiar with your POC and flush out most of your dev cycles.

Once you are comfortable and ready for your project or app to move to production, then it is a straightforward exercise to upgrade without losing your data or configuration.

Our free tier plans are deployed in productive environments, so you will have the same technical experience.

If you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to reach out directly. My email is max.skalatsky@sap.com.

Take care,

Max

benlim
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi maxskalatsky ,

Would like to check with you, the free-tier plan on limitation of 500 max number of repository objects, how does this calculate and where could we check the balance of this number?

Regards,

Ben