cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Build Automation end user credentials

0 Kudos

Hello,

How multiple end users can access attended BOT? What login credentials do they need to connect Desktop Agent with Tenant?

Only Build Automation service is required and not workflow management.

Regards,

NS

View Entire Topic
darenaddison11
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,
If I understand your question correctly, you are looking to understand how the users get created?
In SAP BTP, it is possible to integrate SAP Identity Authentication Service / SAP Identity Provisioning Services to manage a larger number of users. This service can connect to other identity providers (e.g. MS Azure - other providers too) as well as SAP iDP. This could create users in BTP for you (I beleive) I have not completed this integration personally, but was the direction I was looking at. But I do not know if there is a method to automate the users device to connect their email to the iRPA service. Maybe via app deployment tooling?

But if your requirement was just 10 users, then create 10 S-User IDs in the SAP customer number to which your BTP account is registered. The email addresses should also added to the BTP subaccount that is hosting the SAP Build Process Automation service.
Once roles are provided, then each user will need to register their Desktop Agent with their credentials in the Cloud factory.
This should allow them to synchronise and select the automation required to be triggered.

Let me know if I have not properly understood the details.
Regards,

Daren

0 Kudos

daren.addison Thanks again. As I can understand from your reply, I should do following steps, pls. let me know if this is the right approach.

1. Get SAP BTP License (subscription/ consumption)

2. Subscribe to SAP Build Automation service (iRPA) (Free Tier/ Enterprise) from cockpit

3. Create 'S' users (as many as required) - official emails

4. Add them to BTP tenant and assign them roles

5. Install Desktop agent on their systems

6. Connect agent to BTP - SAP Build Automation tenant using "S" user credentials.

Now, how to execute step number 3? meaning, how can I create 'S' users? Is this using https://launchpad.support.sap.com/ or SAP ME? If yes, then how many users are allowed to create?

Regards,

NS