Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI for Windows 8.00 is coming an 27th of January 2023

FrankKrauseGUI
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Community,

just wanted to let you know that our new SAP GUI for Windows release 8.00 will soon be shipped.
So far, we only disclosed that we wanted to ship in Q1/2023, but now all tests have been passed with OK and the decision to ship has been officially taken. I have just updated our respective SAP Notes (for example 147519 on the SAP GUI lifecycle) and have released a blog which introduces you to the new features:
https://blogs.sap.com/2023/01/20/sap-gui-for-windows-8.00-is-coming-on-27th-of-january-2023-new-feat...

The most important new feature is of course the true 64bit version.

Best regards,
Frank Krause
Product Owner SAP GUI for Windows
SAP Development

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

8.00 Final Release (not so final if there are both support packages and hotfixes....)
File Version: 8000.1.2.1161 - I don't have authorization to download later versions myself, this is what is available from the corporate software repository.

It seems Quartz has new "icons" for the text-based tree views - here is a small screen shot from SE10:

All older themes also have new icons (looks like an open and a closed filing cabinet to me):

Can't complain about the legibility of the 5 and 4, but considering legibility and intuitive understanding of icons combined I would say both of these are regressions from the + and - icons from previous GUI versions.

FrankKrauseGUI
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kjetil,

there is likely not a single software product in the world with more than 1000 lines of code which does not contain bugs and SAP GUI for Windows is an extremely complex component with multiple Millions of lines of code. "Final" means that this is not a "Beta" software anymore, can be used for production and receives support from SAP during its lifetime (SAP Note 147519).

>It seems Quartz has new "icons" for the text-based tree views - here is a small screen shot from SE10:

Well, if you activate Accessibility mode and turn on the "Display symbols in lists as letters" feature, this should not come as a surprise to you 😉

Best regards,
Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

FrankKrauseGUI
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Johan,

In the 30+ year history of SAP GUI for Windows we removed a single theme family (Enjoy / Streamline / Tradeshow). If you compare what other vendors or even SAP components / products do regarding their visual appearance, you will realize that we are extremely stable.

But to answer your question: There are no new themes and no themes have been removed in 8.00.

Best regards,
Frank

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor

Hi Frank,

Can we also confirm now which Themes are falling away?

Kind Regards,

Johan

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a mill for the confirmation 🙂