cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System is up and reachable. However, the ping check responded with code 401 Message Unauthorized

Hi Experts,

Please help, i got stuck in this step. Getting error while clicking "Test Connection" in API Provider " System is up and reachable. However, the ping check responded with code : 401; Message : Unauthorized "

Here, we are connecting to the backend system via cloud connector. Backend system is showing as reachable under access control in SAP CC.

After that i created API Provider and maintained all the parameters. Can you please check why i'm getting this error and let me know if i missed something.

I Have attached all the screenshot:

Once i create API Provider, destination is also created and while testing it is showing as successful.

View Entire Topic
ShilpaVij
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Mani,

Please try it from test console once. You need to paas your backend user credentials.

Regards

Shilpa

0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

Thanks for responding. To test the URL from test console, we need to create API Proxy. Once we create API Proxy it will be appear in test console from there we can test the URL.
Please correct me if i'm wrong. I simply tried pasting manually but its not working.

Best Regards,

MANI

Julius123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same issue and tried to create an API with the API Provider even though the API Provider gives a 401 when clicking on "Test Connection". What happens when trying the API in Test Console (Path Test -> APIs in Integration Suite on the side bar; I added my backend credentials via Authentication:Basic Authentication in the upper left) is that I get the response

{
"fault":{
"faultstring":"The Service is temporarily unavailable",
"detail":{
"errorcode":"messaging.adaptors.http.flow.ServiceUnavailable"
}
}
}

So sadly, the API does not work when the used API Provider gives the error 401

Best regards