Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login with sa.

DilipVoora
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am unable to login to primary dataserver in HADR after starting the dataserver with -m. No error message in the dataserver errorlog except the message "Unable to read in login record" and the companion's hadr_mode is standby. Please advise me on this and the way to fix it. Attached the errorlog.primary-errorlog.txt

Error:

[root@Test1 install]# isql -Usa -SASE1 -w99999
Password:

CT-LIBRARY error:

ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect.

Referred : SAP Notes 2871744 and 2884643 but they couldn't help.
SteffiP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

At a first glance, I recognised that it says Failed to obtain license(s) for ASE_CORE in the file provided by you. Have you tried to upgrade the license and to download it again?

I will check the issue with some of my development colleagues.

Thanks and regards,

Steffi

DilipVoora
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Graced license is not a problem here as fasr as I know and I simulated the scenario in my personal system.

Regards,
Dilip Voora

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

victoria_normand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dilip,
I'm not sure if you managed to log in ASE1, I hope you did.
Just for your information, you may also check the connection using -S<hostname>:<port> or -S<IPadress>:port instead of -SASE1 in the isql command.

Regarding the '-m' added at the end of the dataserver command in the RUN_* file is to restart the server in single user mode, so only one user would be able to login. From ASE error log we have the "Unable to read login record" as you mentioned, so that means the unique connection was already taken by another user, which might be the RepAgent. For your reference: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2884643

If you are going to put a replicated ASE in single user mode I gues you might need first to set off the replication (ie 2536009 - How to temporarily set replication off in primary database - SRS ) but I would suggest to check with the Replication team.

Best regards,

Victoria.

DilipVoora
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

We thought the same that the first connection would have been used by 'Repagent of master' buteven after deactivating the primary, stop the replication agents, shutdown and start the primary with -m we are unable to login.

Regards,
Dilip Voora