Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is feeder class in FPM, and what is the use, please clarify

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Professionals,

I've a requirement to develop an application in FPM, but i'm new to FPM, i've a good command on WDP. Can anyone help me on this concern, i've read FPM documents, and came to know there are some types of FPM, OIF, GAF, QAF..., please differenciate each and also clarify about UIBBs(Feeder Classes). What are the interfaces used to configur UIBBs.

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

A feeder class is a plain old abap objects class, based on a specific interface (IF_FPM_GUIBB)

What it actually does, is allow you to define the metadata and the action logic.

The feeder class can be consumed by a Generic UI Building block (GUIBB) in the FloorPlan Manager.

Create a new application based on the FPM_GAF_Component (roadmap) or the FPM_OIF_Component (tab pages)

On that application, foresee an application configuration. Go to the config editor. now create your component configuration. in the component configuration, you can add UIBB (UI building blocks).

Here, you can now choose to add an existing webdynpro component, or a generic building block (GUIBB). for the GUIBB, you have to specify whether it's a form or a table, and you must supply the feeder class.