cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicating hierarchy extractor

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have following problem while creating Z* datasource (DS) on top of BPC InfoObject (/CPMB/*) to expose its hierarchy.

I've created that new DS in BW4/HANA based system (DW4CORE ver 200 SP 0006) and I replicated it as well (job RSDS_REPLICATION finished succesfully). The new DS landed in NODESNOTCONNECTED application component.

The hierarchy data of BPC IO needs to be exposed to another BW system (SAP_BW ver 750 SP 0015). Problem is that when I try to replicate the DS at BW75 the new DS is not visible in there. THE DS adapter is set to "Extraction from SAP System by OPD" value.

The new DS works in BW4 and extract the data if I try to test it in tcode e.g. RSDS.

Anyone has any clue?

thanks

m./

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roland_szajko
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Is there a specific reason why you would need to create a Z* extractor on top of an InfoObject? InfoObjects should be available to be consumed by ODP when the source system is created in the ODP_BW context.

Let's consider the situation:

• You have two BW systems. For the simplicity both are BW 7.50 latest SP. Let's call them BWA and BWB.
  • You have Characteristic A with hierarchies.
  • You want to update the hierarchies of characteristic A of BWA system to another BW system.

This is what you need to do:

1. In BWB create an ODP source system to BWA
  2. Context should be BW
  3. Replicate the hierarchy Datasource for Characteristic A (A$H)
  4. Create a DTP + TRFN to the target object
  5. Run the DTP
MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor

Hi Roland, thanks for yoru input. Exactly as you wrote I got my IO object (including its hier) replicated in target BW. Before I dug into the documentation, I wasn't sure if the DS hasn't to be created at source BW. It turned out that is not needed at all now while using ODP.

cheers

m./

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per SAP documentation e.g. here DS doesn't need to be generated at source system side. All that need to be done for consumption of BW/4 data in other BW (including BW &.5 <=) system is to replicate the DS objects in target system on top of particular source system pointing to the objects (in my case hier IO). Once the DS is created whole data flow can be developed.