Welcome Corner Blog Posts
Go a little bit deeper into the Welcome Corner with blog posts. Learn how to get started in SAP Community and get tips on maximizing your participation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
former_member34
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

We all know that community events are a great opportunity to get the latest information that matters to us, learn directly from experts, ask and share insights live with fellow participants, connect, network, and break the work routine!

But more than attending, have you ever considered sharing your knowledge and expertise as a speaker?

In the community, we have a number of members who speak at community events. They share their unique perspectives and experiences, learning journeys, lessons learned, and more. Some of these speakers represent some of our influencers in the community, most notably SAP Mentors and SAP Champions. You may have seen them at events such as SAP TechEd, your local SAP Inside Tracks, SAP Online Tracks, and SAP Community Calls.

We asked them to share some information about their experiences speaking at and contributing to events. Here are the insights – we hope they inspire you to consider getting (more) involved in future community events:

“We must keep in mind that we all need to share knowledge for several reasons. Learning by teaching is one of them, as well as being recognized as the authority of your professional knowledge. This is why it is very important to offer a showcase by sharing good content.” - 197f0f77709544a3bdebe98a55f527bb

“One of the key moments for me was the invitation to the SAP TechEd in Barcelona in 2016. One thing I really like to do is to combine two useful tools or techniques into a new more powerful tool or technique. I think that was also the reason I got selected in 2016 as a community speaker.” -  andreas.gautsch

“One of my hopes from being a speaker at Technology Events was to try and be a role model. Maybe someone in the audience would think, ‘If she can do it, maybe I can as well.’” - karin.tillotson4#overview 

“I have the opportunity to meet many recent graduates through our Academy. I usually teach them about innovation in the SAP space, but always dedicate some time to describing the mindset which I think is needed to become a very good professional. It’s about being curious, passionate, building a habit to learn and share, going the extra mile, and selecting a matching career strategy.” - tamas.szirtes#overview

"I loved presenting sessions at Inside Tracks and ASUG and eventually being able to plan them! I always hoped to participate and was thrilled when I was nominated and then ultimately selected. Like anything in life, there have been highs and lows, but I love seeing the community come together at events like ASUG Annual Conference or SAP TechEd (yes, even virtually). I value any impact I might have made for the community and fellow customers. The best part of the experience are the dear friends that I have made through the program.” - 9af189e3441545408519f280791bcb19

Want to learn more about our influencers program? Check them out here! 

Have an idea for a future SAP Community Call? Read this blog post

Follow SAP Mentors on Twitter for more influencer content!

References: 

SAP Champions: Spotlight Interview with Marssel Vilaça | SAP Blogs 

SAP Champions: Spotlight Interview with Andreas Gautsch | SAP Blogs 

SAP Mentor Spotlight Interview: Karin Tillotson | SAP Blogs 

SAP Mentor Spotlight Interview: Tamas Szirtes | SAP Blogs 

SAP Mentor Spotlight Interview: Derek Loranca | SAP Blogs 
1 Comment
seVladimirs
Active Contributor
I think that the best decision I have ever made in my career was to get to know the SAP community. I've attended multiple sessions, chats and conferences hosted by SAP, which have helped me grow knowledgeably about what I do best.

And the best part is that I've met great people across the world with same passion!