Welcome Corner Blog Posts
Go a little bit deeper into the Welcome Corner with blog posts. Learn how to get started in SAP Community and get tips on maximizing your participation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keohanster
Active Contributor
maniprasath_73 tagged me to participate in the #BlogItForward sequel -  which, ironically, was the community initiative that I started just two days ago.  You can find the original blog here.  It might be worth bookmarking, as I suspect (HOPE!) we will get lots of activity for the new #BIF.

In my original #BIF blog I talked a little about my childhood and how I got started with SAP.

Not much has changed that information in the past 7 years, although I do embrace some newer technologies (Hello, ABAP in Eclipse) and am preparing for an upgrade to S/4.

So if you feel like walk down memory lane, feel free to check it out!

Well, actually some stuff has happened... I was honored to be invited to speak at a MasteringSAP Technologies conference in Sydney.  Absolutely amazing, and I loved everything - seeing old/new friends in the SAP world, seeing part of a country I had only dreamed of, and being hosted so graciously by the MasteringSAP team and a man I feel lucky to call my friend, graham.robinson .

Here is one interesting shot from that trip:

No, that is not Graham 😉

I also had the chance to visit one of my sons while he was studying abroad in Germany.  I did not allow enough time to see all the people I wanted to see, like 6d9f6151cab240ba96d35adaaa5b4ca6 (to name just one).  But I did get to see Heidelberg and Cologne and the Christmas Markets.

And I've been to several ASUG Annual Conferences, and several TechEds - and been so fortunate to be able to spend time with so many people in real life at these events.

I do watch my Twitter feed a little jealously when I see that there are SAP Stammtissh's (https://twitter.com/SapStammtisch) and SAP Inside Tracks going on around the world.    For some unfathomable reason, there are no events like this (casual, grassroots, local) in my area.
So here is my wish, which I'll have to grow into fruition.  Next year (2020) there will be either a Stammtisch  or an SAP Inside Track in the Boston area.

If you live in or around Boston, DM me, and let's get this going!

I am tagging  katarina.fischer   and    frdric.girod   in this #BIF.   Although I know Kati is on vacation, that means when she's available, she will have the most amazing food pics :-).  And Frederic has found one of the places where the fun happens on the SAP Community, The Coffee Corner, so I'd like to learn more about him!

My questions to you are:

1. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?  Please explain how you know.

2. Android or Apple?

3. Would you be interested in working with me to set up a Stammtisch in Boston? 😉

4. Besides Coffee Corner, what is your favorite space on SAP Community?

Thanks for reading, friends.
7 Comments
mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Are the questions for Kati and Frederic or for anyone reading?  Asking for a friend...
keohanster
Active Contributor
In this particular instance, the questions were directed to Kati and Frederic.  But you can make up your own... I know you can, but stay within the normal bounds of decency ?

Or you can backtrack to the Blog It Forward - the Sequel post, and there are more questions there.

BTW, Happy New Year Mike!!! Fireworks on Samsung One UI 1.5Fireworks on Samsung One UI 1.5Fireworks on Samsung One UI 1.5
mike_howles4
Active Contributor
stay within the normal bounds of decency

You're no fun at all.
mike_howles4
Active Contributor
  1. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?  Please explain how you know.

Introvert.  I don’t know how, I’ve always been that way.  Wine helps treat that, though.

2. Android or Apple?

Apple.  I’ve been in their walled garden the last 10 years and no desire to change.

3. Would you be interested in working with me to set up a Stammtisch in Boston? ?

N/A

4. Besides Coffee Corner, what is your favorite space on SAP Community?

The space that randomly logs me out within 5 minutes of inactivity and makes me log back in.

keohanster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Somebody's got to rein you in, Mike.  If not me, then who?

I was hoping people old enough to remember might use some of the questions from the 'game' show "The Dating Game", although whether those are within the bounds of decency could be argued.

Have fun!
keohanster
Active Contributor
You've totally missed the point here.  You're supposed to write a *blog* and tell us about *you* and in that blog, include some photos of your home or your family (if you've got one) and your pets and some food, and then (and only then) can you answer the questions.   Then you can #BlogItForward to somebody else.

'Wine helps treat that, though"  - well said, and applies to many situations.  I am sure karin.tillotson4 and graham.robinson would also agree.

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
You’ve totally missed the point here.

Totally and deliberately 🙂