Welcome Corner Blog Posts
Go a little bit deeper into the Welcome Corner with blog posts. Learn how to get started in SAP Community and get tips on maximizing your participation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Great initiative by phil.cooley kicking off #GlobalRunningDay that gets celebrated all around the world on June 1st. Phil is running in Melbourne and called out for friends joining him. There is already some who followed through:
dj.adams.sap will be running in Manchester and thomas.zurek will be running in Walldorf on that day.

I am based in Mannheim and hope to get some "Mannheimer" convinced to run with me my usual running track (well, not yet too usual, as I just recently started running again on a more regular basis, so don't let me down) and that's why:

Join the team initiated by Phil via this link

The plan is to meet in the morning and run from the Alte Feuerwache (in front of the café Alte Feuerwache) back to the Alte Feuerwache alongside the river Neckar (via the Neckarschleuse bridge). The trail is around 5 kilometers. As per the below map you will know where you'll find the start line where my humble self and lovely colleagues svea.becker and mynyna.chau will be waiting for you.

Happy to meet afterwards for a quick coffee in the "Kleine Café" (Neckarstadt-Ost).

Alte Feuerwache Café // Brückenstraße 2, 68167 Mannheim

I am looking forward to having you join our Mannheim running team. If you plan on coming along, let us know in the comments below. If you will be running another route, at a different time, let us know, too and post your contribution (screenshot of running app, selfie of you, picture of your running trail) as a comment to this blog post. Surely, you can also walk, hike, cycle and share your physical activity with us.

Let's blog it forward to more friends in SAP Community: moshe.naveh2 - ready to put on your running shoes?

14 Comments
sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Yay, I really look forward to it 🙂

I need to run an extra kilometer as I pledge to run 6 😉

StephanieMarley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
I feel so fortunate to spend time with l_stodal mynyna.chau svea.becker on this fun #SAPCommunity activity.
pjcools
Active Contributor
Thanks l_stodal for your great support with this and how awesome that mynyna.chau and svea.becker will join you for this. Hope you get plenty of other #SAPCommunity members join you on the #GlobalRunningDay!
HPSeitz
Active Participant
Hi Lena,

Great initiative. Monnem is simply the best. We will promote this cool event at todays 6. HANA Tech Night here in Mannheim.

Then we will see how many people will be there on June 1.

BR, HP
tfxz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Cool. Thanks for expanding the "SAP Community running network" 🙂
lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi hpseitz - great stuff! Thanks so much for sharing! Hope to see you on June 1st, too?
lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Thank you thomas.zurek for running in Walldorf! 🙏🏽 Nice trail, next time I'm in the office, I will definitely run the suggested route!
sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos
Cool, thank you hpseitz !

How did it turn out? Were there many interested in joining us running? I am curious with how many people we will end up and we will definitely share some pics 🙂
lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Great way to start #GlobalRunningDay:

NTeunckens
Active Contributor

Belgium represented!

I had my #GLOBALRUNNINGDAY Run this evening, it went smooth thanks to the nice weather and beautiful surroundings.

Even though I pledged for 5K, I had such a good time, I went for way more ...

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Looks like you had a motivating time nic.teunckens when you actually ran over 4k more 🙂
pjcools
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Nice work l_stodal 👍👍
pjcools
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Amazing, well done. Beautiful weather - very different to Melbourne atm 😄
mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos
Thumbs up from us for finishing #globalrunningday ! That's a picture we took yesterday after our run. I really enjoyed it!

Image preview

This was fun! We should do this more often! 🙂

Thanks Lena for making us run in Mannheim 😄