Welcome Corner Blog Posts
Go a little bit deeper into the Welcome Corner with blog posts. Learn how to get started in SAP Community and get tips on maximizing your participation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Badges are allocated every few weeks so please be patient if you don't see a badge added to your profile immediately after you've connected your openSAP and SAP Community accounts. 

To see when badges have been allocated, you should follow the tags SAP Community and weeklybadgeroundup to see when the last openSAP missions were allocated.

If you think that your badge should have been included, please contact the openSAP help desk. You'll find it on the right side of the openSAP website.

Back in 2015, we introduced an openSAP mission on SCN which proved very popular with openSAP learners. We’re delighted to announce that we’ve been working together with the SAP Community Reputation team to bring you a variety of openSAP missions that you can now complete to earn badges on SAP Community!

What missions are available?

Whatever level of learner you are, there are several missions available for you to achieve – and we’re also happy to include instructors and content experts in these new missions!

To get the mission badge to appear on your SAP Community profile, you’ll need to do a few things:

Go to your openSAP profile and

• connect your SAP Enterprise Login to your openSAP account

• opt-in to display your openSAP mission achievements in your SAP Community profile

You need to be active on SAP Community, so you should have recently

• updated your SAP Community profile

• answered a question

• published a blog or liked/commented on someone else’s blog

• followed a topic or a person

Once you’ve connected your SAP Enterprise Login, opted in, and are active on SAP Community, you can start completing missions on your SAP Community profile. We’ve included a description of all the missions below. All the openSAP courses that you’ve enrolled in or successfully completed previously will count towards your mission! (Note that only one SAP Community badge is available per mission. So, for example, you need one enrollment for a Newbie badge, but if you enroll in 10 courses, you’ll still get just one Newbie badge.)

Get a description of all openSAP missions.

New missions and badges will be updated once a quarter, so please be patient after you update your profile and earn your SAP Community badge!

Happy learning!

Note: If you don’t get a badge but you’ve added your consent as mentioned below, it could be that you aren’t active on SAP Community - simply add a comment below to activate your engagement on SAP Community!

***What is openSAP? ***

For those of you who haven’t yet visited openSAP, where have you been?

openSAP is SAP’s FREE open online course provider. All you need to sign up is a valid email address and you’ll get access to a variety of online courses, which you can complete at your own pace. You can learn about SAP’s latest innovations (e.g. SAP HANA, SAP Cloud Platform, SAP S/4HANA) and technology trends (e.g. machine learning, blockchain, IoT). You can find out more about openSAP on our website.

---------------------

These SAP Community missions and badges recognize your collective course achievements at openSAP. If you’d like to share your individual course achievements, you can download your openSAP digital badge or share it on social media once you’ve earned your record of achievement.

108 Comments
bruce_hartley
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Claire;

Thank you for all your very hard work on this and I received my first two badges that I had earned.  Since then I took more courses and now qualify for the next level.  I was wondering how often and when the process runs that picks up changes and I thought it would be a good idea to post that above too in order to avoid 5 million+ questions about "why didn't my account update yet".

Thanks;

Bruce
VENKAT_K
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi claire,

I have given consent and active in SCN, met all the requirements. Kindly activate my profile for openSAP badges.

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Claire,

I am so sorry to be a pest .. but ... it looks like my INACTIVE profile was updated with all my openSAP achievements.  When I look at my "linked profile"  - which is linked to a company I no longer work for, so I can't actually log into it - I see that I have the "openSAP Enthusiast" in my badge showcase for that inactive profile. And no openSAP badges at all in my current profile.  I couldn't have logged into that old profile since last year some time.  But have been active more recently here with my P# profile. I have confirmed that the P# profile is the one linked in my openSAP account.  However, at some point previous to my job change, the old S# profile may have been linked there.   BUT also, I have definitely completed at least one course since I linked to the P#, so would expect at least that one badge. (although I was hoping all would come over to my P# community account, since I am clearly the same person 🙂 )

Can you help? Do I need to raise a ticket?

Thanks,

Margaret
Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Bruce,

Congratulations on completing the courses and earning badges!

The badges will be updated once a month - it's already in the blog above 😉

Happy learning!

Kind regards,

Claire
Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Venkateswara,

Please raise a ticket with the openSAP help desk for them to investigate your profile. You'll find it on the right side of open.sap.com.

Thanks and kind regards,

Claire
Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
HI Margaret,

Yes, unfortunately I can't access your data but if you raise a ticket with the openSAP help desk, my colleagues there will be able to investigate and help you resolve the issue.

Kind regards,

Claire
DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately I still can’t see my badges

Ruthvik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hello Claire,

Still, I don't see my Open SAP Badges.

Can you please help out.
Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Ruthvik,

There have not been any additional badges awarded since the last time. If you would like to check the status of your badges, please contact the openSAP help desk. You'll find it on the right side of the openSAP website.

Kind regards,

Claire
Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Dominik,

there has not been new badges rewarded so far. For specific information regarding your account, you can contact the openSAP help desk - on the right side of the openSAP website.

Kind regards,

Claire
Pius-Martin
Explorer

Hi Claire,

thank you for informing us of the openSAP missions.

openSAP is a great MOOC platform and always an important source of knowledge.

I am looking forward to the upcoming course: Intelligent Decisions with SAP Analytics Cloud.

Kind regards,

Pius

SumitPatel11
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Claire,

In my openSAP profile , today I opted to send my learning progress data to SAP Community.

When can I expect to see my badges, kindly help

Regards,

Sumit
Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
HI Sumit,

The awards for this month have just been completed. The next round should be expected in 4-6 weeks from now and you should expect it then.

Kind regards,

Claire
SumitPatel11
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Clarie,

Thanks for your quick response.

I have completed more than 20 openSAP courses, which openSAP badges can I expect.

Regards,

Sumit
Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Sumit,

Congratulations! You can find details about the badges here.

Kind regards,

Claire
cayotteRizing
Explorer
Thanks Claire. Hopefully commenting here will make me sufficiently 'active' in the community.
harkirat_kaur
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi @ claire.donelon ,

I am completed and received Record of Achievement for approx 5 courses at openSAP. But linked openSAP to SAP community few days back. Just wanted to check how much time it takes for mission badges activation.

ID: P1208309

Please help in activation of same.

Thanks & Regards,

Harkirat

Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Harkirat,

Congratulations on completing the courses!

The team update the badges once every 4-6 weeks so please be patient with this.

Thanks and kind regards,

Claire
0 Kudos
Thanks Claire!! Still trying to re-link my account; hope this works 🙂
Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Anthony,

The badges were awarded yesterday and I can see on your public profile that you've got some 🙂

Congratulations!

Kind regards,

Claire
Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Harkirat,

The badges are now visible on your public profile 🙂

Kind regards,

Claire
harkirat_kaur
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Claire ? !!
Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Claire,

I am an early learner at openSAP since 2013. I will be celebrating 100+ Record of Achievements in few months.

I was just curious, If there are any new badges coming up for people who completed 50+ , 100+ RoA from openSAP.

Apart from engaging learning content, quizzes, weekly assessments; Colorful  Record of Achievement, Digital badge and SCN Mission badges really motivate me to push my limits 🙂

Regards,

Niladri

Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Niladri,

Apologies for the delay in my response, today is my first day back in the office and online since late September.

We don't plan any additional badges at this time, but as always, you never know what comes in the future!

Congratulations on your learning achievements with openSAP!

Kind regards,

Claire

That's a very helpful post! Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Kirill.
maringen01
Discoverer
Thanks. Hope my opensap badges will appear in my profile.

Regards,

Marin Labbé de La Genardière
Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Wonderful !! Thanks claire.donelon .

Just given my consent and eagrly wating for my badges to appear :). I have completed 9 openSAP courses...
Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I am still waiting for my Badges to appear. claire.donelon can you please check if anything is missing from my side?

Thanks

Vijay
Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
HI Vijay,

The badges haven't been allocated since December 25. You can follow oddss's blogs - Audrey kindly posts a blog mentioning which badges have been assigned each week.

If you see that Audrey has posted a blog that mentions openSAP badges and you're not included, then you should contact the help desk on openSAP so they can investigate.

The openSAP badges are allocated about every 8 weeks so please be patient.

Kind regards,

Claire
Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks claire.donelon!
vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi claire.donelon

Would you pl add me up as well to earn the open SAP mission

I believe we need to comment here do we also need to mention what badge we qualify for or would it be done automatically?

I already have activated the setting on OpenSAP.

Is it still happening monthly or is it faster now? 

Regards

Vinita

Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
HI Vinita,

Thanks for commenting! This will trigger the system and let it know that you're an active community member.

You also need to check your settings on your openSAP profile.

Kind regards,

Claire
vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks I setting already activated so does this take into account all previous completed course and is it for courses where you have the record of achivement or if I get confirmation of participation from the self-paced courses that counts as well?

Let me know please.
Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Vinita,

You can find a description of the missions here. Successfully completed means earned a record of achievement since the start of openSAP.

Kind regards,

Claire
matthias_ulbricht2
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks very interesting!
natalie_gohain
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi there!

I've completed about 5 courses on openSAP and i am yet to receive the badges openSAP Learner & openSAP Novice. I have connected Learning Progress in the Profile section. Would you be able to help me figure why it is not showing?

Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
HI Natalie,

Unfortunately, I can't access your information but if you raise a ticket with the helpdesk on the openSAP site, they'll be able to investigate for you.

Kind regards,

Claire
natalie_gohain
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks for the help Claire!
FabianKiuntke
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
try to get activated.
DChoudhury
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Claire, it is not working for me. ?

Though I have completed and achieved 3 courses in Open SAP.

Can you help me??
Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
HI Debasish,

Unfortunately, I do not have access to your personal details. You will need to raise a ticket with the helpdesk on openSAP's website and ask them to investigate your issue.

Kind regards,

Claire
termanico
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks a lot claire - I've been searching for this intensively 🙂

Are course badges activated/considered retroactively?

I did a lot of courses in the past and activated the link to sap community just now.

br

Thorsten
Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Thorsten,

Yes, they are! 🙂

If you've just linked the profiles now, it will take a few weeks until you see the badges/missions appear. The last batch was just last week so please be patient with us.

I recommend that you follow oddss as she posts a blog each time new badges are awarded on the SAP Community. When you see that people have received openSAP badges but you don't have yours, you can reach out to our help desk on openSAP and they can take a look at the issue, hopefully resolving that for you.

Thanks for linking your accounts and getting involved with the openSAP missions on the SAP Community!

Kind regards,

Claire
Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant
Hi  claire.donelon,

I am delighted to know its was quick and simple. Thanks

Pavan G
0 Kudos

Very insightful. Thank you!

nal_er
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you very much. It is so useful for me. 🙂
FabianKiuntke
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
Hello, after now months I still cannot see my profil updated within teh openSAP courses. any ideas what can be done on top ?
m_reingruber
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Claire,

With me it is exactly the same. I have badges since months and they are not displayed in my community profile.

Could you please check that too?

Kind regards,
Max
Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
HI Max,

The missions haven't been updated in a while but we expect an update in the coming weeks. I recommend that you follow oddss as she posts a blog each time there are new missions on the community awarded.

If you see that Audrey posts that other members have received openSAP missions but you still haven't, please raise a ticket with the openSAP helpdesk and they will be able to take a look and see if there's an issue.

I hope that helps,

Kind regards,

Claire
varghese_george1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

I am NOT able to see my OpenSAP badges. Will you please check.

Regards

Varghese