Application Development Blog Posts
Learn and share on deeper, cross technology development topics such as integration and connectivity, automation, cloud extensibility, developing at scale, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcelloUrbani
Active Contributor
I just finished the opensap course DevOps for ABAP with gCTS in SAP S/4HANA

Lots of excellent content like advice on dockerization and hands-on experience with gCTS

And some confusing advice on branch switching on shared dev systems (which I find almost impossible to reconcile with a sane git based workflow.

One of the exercises though gave an unexpected result, as gCTS tells me my system is up to date with the latest commit on github:

...but the source code doesn't match:

It might depend on me doing something wrong, but it's not obvious what, and I already tried to update to the latest commit multiple times

I don't have access to the system anymore, I was late with my exercises, but this is really scary.

I suspect this has to do with the synchronization between the local repository and the code in DEV

As I understand, gCTS has a copy of the code in a server folder, and syncs it both with the git repository and the ABAP server. I suspect there's some bug in the last step.
12 Comments