Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADT (ABAP in Eclipse) Create Message Server Connection

BenPatterson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am on AIE 3.20.1 (Eclipse 2021-09 (4.21.0)) SAP GUI for Java 7.70 rev 3 and Mac OSX.

I can connect via SAP GUI via Group connection via Message server fine. But I am unable to make a connection of the same type on Eclipse. When I create it the Router String is not brought in so I enter it but I am not able to proceed with the project creation (with or without the router string) for some reason. Does anyone have any Ideas?

Best Regards,

Ben.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BenPatterson
Participant
0 Kudos

The issue was the System ID. The 'MS' is obviously not a valid SID but it was populated from the GUI from the name of the system in the message server list. The next button won't appear until there is at least 3 chars in that field. No need for a Router String either.

3 REPLIES 3

ysoethoff
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ben,

to analyze this behavior we need some more information. If it's possible for you, please create an incident on the component BC-DWB-AIE and attach your support information (support.zip) of your installation. To do so, please use the "Collect Support Information..." feature, available in the help section. Please also add some more information about the error message and how to reproduce it.

If you are not able to create an incident, please gave us some more context about the issue and the error message you are receiving.

Thanks and kind regards,
Yannic

BenPatterson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Yannic,

thank you for your reply. I have raised incident 709991 / 2021 with the support file. For further detail of the issue please see screenshot. There is no error, but there is no way to proceed as the next button is disabled.

BenPatterson
Participant
0 Kudos

The issue was the System ID. The 'MS' is obviously not a valid SID but it was populated from the GUI from the name of the system in the message server list. The next button won't appear until there is at least 3 chars in that field. No need for a Router String either.