Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADT (Eclipse) not showing LOOP in breadcrumb (cursor position)

Tomas_Buryanek
Active Contributor

Hello,

anyone please know if there is a way to display LOOP in "code scope" in ADT?

In SAP GUI it shows full scope:

In ADT it is missing LOOP at the same cursor position:

I am using latest Eclipse + ADT with default configuration.

Found out issue happens when there is AUTHORITY-CHECK in that LOOP. Here is sample code with the issue:

CLASS lcl_adt_issue DEFINITION.
  PUBLIC SECTION.
    CLASS-METHODS: do_something.
    CLASS-DATA: gt_test TYPE TABLE OF string.
ENDCLASS.

CLASS lcl_adt_issue IMPLEMENTATION.
  METHOD do_something.

LOOP AT gt_test ASSIGNING FIELD-SYMBOL(<ls_test>).

AUTHORITY-CHECK OBJECT 'I_IWERK'
        ID 'TCD'   FIELD 'I'
        ID 'IWERK' FIELD ''.
      IF sy-subrc <> 0.
        DATA(lv_auth_issue) = abap_true.
        CONTINUE. "Next line
      ENDIF.

EXIT. "<<< Here breadcrumb does not show LOOP

ENDLOOP.

ENDMETHOD.
ENDCLASS.

EDIT: Closed, because it was identified it is bug. And it is forwarded to ADT developers now (see marked answer + comments). Thank you everyone!

-- Tomas --
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arminfarmani
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Tomas,

I tried to reproduce this using my ADT client (latest version) and it worked fine for me (see the screenshot below). I used the "Toggle breadcrumb in ABAP source code editors" option from the toolbar (with the shortcut Alt+Shift+B). I assume this is what you were referring to with "code scope".

Could you please provide a code example or could you check whether my example from above does work for you?

Kind regards,
Armin

7 REPLIES 7

arminfarmani
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Tomas,

I tried to reproduce this using my ADT client (latest version) and it worked fine for me (see the screenshot below). I used the "Toggle breadcrumb in ABAP source code editors" option from the toolbar (with the shortcut Alt+Shift+B). I assume this is what you were referring to with "code scope".

Could you please provide a code example or could you check whether my example from above does work for you?

Kind regards,
Armin

Yes "breadcrumb", thank you! Oh it is showing LOOP, when I tried recreate this issue with very simple code.

But then I found out exact situation when it does not work. It is when there is AUTHORITY-CHECK command in the loop.

I will now update my original question and add there a sample minimal code which can be tested.

-- Tomas --

0 Kudos

Hello armin.farmani.anosheh, any update on this please?

-- Tomas --

arminfarmani
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello tomas.buryanek,

I have forwarded your question to the corresponding development team to resolve this issue.

matt
Active Contributor

I see the same:

Breadcrumb loop

Move one line down...

Without authority check works fine. How strange!

matt
Active Contributor

And I'm running the very latest release of ADT and Eclipse.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

For information, I also reproduced the issue with old ADT 2022-09 (ABAP Development Tools Version: 1.146.0) and ABAP 7.57 SP 0

If you move the caret towards the right, one character at a time, from the beginning of the word AUTHORITY-CHECK, you can see that the breadcrumb stops working when the caret is positioned at the right of the K letter.