Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOPF - Default Queries not being generated

ruchirsaxena
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SMEs,

I have very limited experience with BOPF in the past, and am practicing to get complete knowledge on the topic.

When I see business objects being in all trainings/blogs online, it is shown that SELECT_ALL and SELECT_BY_ELEMENTS queries are generated by default, with BOB transaction.

However, since BOB is now deprecated and BOBX recommended, I have tried several times to propose dictionary names, generate the DDIC and SE24 objects and generate the other artifacts. However, the I am unable to see the default queries. I could not find any blog online which shows step by step creation via BOBX transaction. Can anyone please tell me what I am missing, or if these queries are no longer generated by default.

Also, in case there is a new blog or post that I have missed, please let me know so I can

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ivo_vollrath
Active Participant

Hi Ruchir,

you should be able to get a ready-to-run SELECT_ALL query by simply creating a query with this specific name. You should not need to specify anything else, not even any DDIC structure.

For `SELECT_BY_ELEMENTS` you only have to do one more thing: Enter the name of the node's `Combined Structure` as the `Filter Structure` for the query. Leave the `Query Class` empty.

Kind Regards,

Ivo

2 REPLIES 2

ivo_vollrath
Active Participant

Hi Ruchir,

you should be able to get a ready-to-run SELECT_ALL query by simply creating a query with this specific name. You should not need to specify anything else, not even any DDIC structure.

For `SELECT_BY_ELEMENTS` you only have to do one more thing: Enter the name of the node's `Combined Structure` as the `Filter Structure` for the query. Leave the `Query Class` empty.

Kind Regards,

Ivo

0 Kudos

Hi Ivo,

The 1st one I already did, was just confused if filter structure was all that is needed without any other backend artifacts.

Thanks for confirming. 🙂