Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine Fieldstatus for field of table

0 Kudos

Hi community,

If I want to determine for a certain field of a table (e.g. PSTLZ of KNA1) the corresponding fieldstatus - how to best do this via abap?

From my understanding, I have to read TMOD* tables - but how do they relate and where to get this info from?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TMOD* tables is just one side of the story, the field status on customer group level is stored in T077D table. The problem is, if you have a look at the table, you only see "strange" thigs like: ......-....-.--

......-.-- where plus stands for mandatory, minus for suppress, dot for optional. You have to find out first exactly which position stands for the field you look for! (Best way: display the relevant entry in SE16, change customizing, display the relevant entry in another session in SE16 and compare which position was changed)

3 REPLIES 3

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TMOD* tables is just one side of the story, the field status on customer group level is stored in T077D table. The problem is, if you have a look at the table, you only see "strange" thigs like: ......-....-.--

......-.-- where plus stands for mandatory, minus for suppress, dot for optional. You have to find out first exactly which position stands for the field you look for! (Best way: display the relevant entry in SE16, change customizing, display the relevant entry in another session in SE16 and compare which position was changed)

0 Kudos

Hi Eric, Thank you!

But, how do the TMOD* tables then relate? My hope was to be able to connect those tables to T077* and thus being able to read information without having to experiment with customizing...any idea on this ?

0 Kudos

I don't think it is possible to find out, which position you need, without playing a bit with customizing. On the other hand I believe the T077D table will be enough (most of the time everything else is set to optional), you just need to find out the exact position for this field!