Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate class to different project

Romy_A_98
Explorer

Hi!

I'm working on the Core ABAP Skills, and I couldn't find many of the templates and solutions they were talking about in the excercises. That has been solved now, our instructor somehow added them to the environment but they are in a different project. Does anyone know how I can copy the classes from there to my own package in a different project, so that I can make changes to it without changing the original one?

I've tried simply using the duplicate button, but then i can't change the name of the project where it's supposed to go and so I can't get to my own package. 

If you need any more information, please let me know. I can't change the name of the project, and so I can't get to my own package in a different project.I can't change the name of the project, and so I can't get to my own package in a different project.

2 REPLIES 2

JMoutreux
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello you can't copy objets between projets. In ADt abap project IS for a system. You must use abapgit to copy objets between system not LinkedIn.

You Can change name and packagé only inside a project

0 Kudos

That's unfortunate, I kind of assumed that was the case but was hoping there might be a workaround. I will look into abapgit though. Thank you so much!