Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit methods in lcl_debugger_script (Debugger Script)

OO
Participant

Dear all,

I am trying to get hands on ABAP Debugger Scripting for the first time.

My struggle is that the methods init, script and end seem to be read-only.

See:

What do I need to do, to insert my code?

Any help appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OO
Participant

sandra.rossi That's exactly it! Thanks!

Had to switch to "Changes to repositors and cross-client customiziation allowed" in transaction SCC4.

Remaining question: Is it a good idea to open the Q system to use debugger scripting?

Our Q system is customized with "No change to repository/cross-client customizing objects".

6 REPLIES 6

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Missing authorization?

emanuel_klenner
Active Participant

You need to develop your script in transaction SAS before you can execute it in the debugger.

Good hint, because transaction SAS additionally displayed the error "System set to not modifiable" (Message no. TR840).

This was not displayed in the debugger during runtime and pointed me to transaction SCC4 to allow the necessary changes.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

I can enter directly a script in my 7.40, 7.52 and 7.56 systems, and execute it.

Other possibility: client set as productive in SCC4, or no changes to repository objects allowed?

OO
Participant

sandra.rossi That's exactly it! Thanks!

Had to switch to "Changes to repositors and cross-client customiziation allowed" in transaction SCC4.

Remaining question: Is it a good idea to open the Q system to use debugger scripting?

Our Q system is customized with "No change to repository/cross-client customizing objects".

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

I don't know what is "good" for you, it depends what you want to authorize. Ask your IT.