Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing ADT - Eclipse 2023-03

ravishgarg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am installing ADT on a new machine, and unable to complete the installation, with the following error popping up every time.

Eclipse version:

Version: 2023-03 (4.27.0)

ADT URL: https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/latest

I have tried running it with admin credentials, to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Ravish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ravishgarg
Participant
0 Kudos

Was able to resolve myself by following the Installation instructions from help.sap.com

Manually downloaded the latest available ADT package from SAP Software Download Center (requires S-User) and doing an offline install on Eclipse.

All the pre-requisites specified in the Installation document under Required Eclipse Features need to installed first before the ADT can be installed.

Also for anyone behind a corporate proxy, having issues in Eclipse with connecting to the update sites, can add the following lines to the eclipse.ini file(located in the Eclipse install directory), to use your windows credentials & certs to connect to the update site.

-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=NUL
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStoreType=Windows-ROOT

Closing the thread.

Regards

RG

7 REPLIES 7

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

which eclipse package you are using? better go with jee version.

0 Kudos

Hi Jon

I am using the latest Eclipse build, with bundled JRE from eclipse.

Regards

RG

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know you are using latest version, but u need use correct packaged version. Some are for c++ dev. You need the one for j2ee

0 Kudos

It is the bundled version for Java developers, as can be seen in the scrennshot.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ravishgarg
Participant
0 Kudos

Was able to resolve myself by following the Installation instructions from help.sap.com

Manually downloaded the latest available ADT package from SAP Software Download Center (requires S-User) and doing an offline install on Eclipse.

All the pre-requisites specified in the Installation document under Required Eclipse Features need to installed first before the ADT can be installed.

Also for anyone behind a corporate proxy, having issues in Eclipse with connecting to the update sites, can add the following lines to the eclipse.ini file(located in the Eclipse install directory), to use your windows credentials & certs to connect to the update site.

-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=NUL
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStoreType=Windows-ROOT

Closing the thread.

Regards

RG

krisprasad
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am facing the same issue, but I don't have access to the offline ADT plugin. Any other suggestion to resolve this error?

Thanks,

KP