Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO ADD CUSTOM BUTTON IN ME21N USING BADI?

Zakir_hussain
Explorer
0 Kudos

Im having a requirement to add custom button on application toolbar. how to add using badi.

• And with that button, what are all the inputs given should be downloaded into excel.
  • Need detailed explanation. please.
7 REPLIES 7

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

Did you search ? what is the result of your search ? Where is your technical issu ?

ankurch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zakir,

Yes it is possible, but it would be good, if you can explain your issue then it might helpful to others who have the similar sort of issue/requirement.

Thanks,

Ankur

Zakir_hussain
Explorer
0 Kudos
  • From me21n, I found the program screen from status. Program : SAPLMEGUI
  • I copied the standard gui status to Z*PROGRAM, which I already created.
  • From that, Im able to do changes, I did created a button in toolbar.
  • But, I don't know where to do enhancement. How to implement the changes in me21n to get button.

0 Kudos

It's never a good idea to do a copy of standard, because you will not benefit automatically of upgrade/patch tools (which would tell you that you have to merge your custom changes to the new version of the standard object).

Why not using the Enhancement Framework instead of BAdI ?

0 Kudos

Could u please guide me on that. Am a beginner.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
  • The BAdI to handle customer screens during maintenance of enjoy PO is ME_GUI_PO_CUST (it contains a method EXECUTE for your own function codes, and a method such as TRANSPORT_TO_DYNP is executed during PBO...)
  • The BAdI to handle process of enjoy PO is ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST

These BAdIs are often used together, have been relatively well documented and there are already many threads/discussions in the forum.

Zakir_hussain
Explorer
0 Kudos
  • I have tried with ME_gui_po_cust to add my z_pf-status, dont know whether im doing in the right way.
  • even i tried with implicit enhancement searching set pf-status in program saplmegui.
  • I have no idea where to do to get the results. could you please help with this.