Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem showing screen in BDT

JanBraendgaard
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have tried to add a new tab ( screen ) to the business partner ( BP transaction ).

I have gone through BUS2 to BUS 6. And when I open a BP and use TC "bdt_analyzer", my new screen shows in the screen sequence. But the tab is still not visible.

I'm checking on the development client, so transportation of the customization should not be an issue.

What have I overlooked? Or how do I debug this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JanBraendgaard
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have got it to work.

I rechecked everything once more, and suddenly the screen tab appeared. I'm not 100% sure what was missing for it to work.

The only thing I ended up doing differently than the solution offered by Sandra, was that I implemented a FM in the save event to save my enhanced data to KNA1. But this part was only related to saving the data.

5 REPLIES 5

Nikhil_Rao_ABAP
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jan, is there a function module attached to the custom fieldgroup in BUS2, if so, can you please post part or all of the source code here. Just curious to understand what the value of out_status is being exported as.

Regards,

Nikhil Rao

JanBraendgaard
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello sandra.rossi That is actually the solution that I followed.

I have rechecked each step and it corresponds to the solution described.

When I can see my screen in the BDT_ANALYZER I assume that most of the setup is done correctly, but how do I go about searching for errors in the setup, except comparing to the solution described once again?

Regards,

Jan

JanBraendgaard
Active Participant

I tried the same solution in one of our sandbox systems, and in 15 minutes I had a field added without any issues. So the solution as such works - just on the the development system.

Could this somehow be related to a BP role and the display of it? Or some customizing that I have overlooked.

JanBraendgaard
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have got it to work.

I rechecked everything once more, and suddenly the screen tab appeared. I'm not 100% sure what was missing for it to work.

The only thing I ended up doing differently than the solution offered by Sandra, was that I implemented a FM in the save event to save my enhanced data to KNA1. But this part was only related to saving the data.