Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save archived PDF to local pc

juraj14
Explorer

Hi, my requirement is to save multiple archived pdf files to destination on local PC. I am trying to use "ARCHIV_GET_TABLE" to get the archived pdf in binary form and than pass it do "GUI_DOWNLOAD". It is kinda working but saved pdf is corrupted. What i found out is that i am getting weird data from "ARCHIV_GET_TABLE" even tho sy-subrc after execution is 0. When i open the saved pdf in notepad apparently something is wrong. Here is the content of opened pdf.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="sk-sk" dir="ltr">
<head>  
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />    
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge;chrome=1"/>    
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="ecm/widget/resources/images/favicon.png"/>  
<style>  @import "ecm/widget/resources/dojo.css.jgz";  @import "ecm/themes/oneui/dojo.css.jgz";  @import "ecm/widget/resources/ecm.css.jgz";  @import "ecm/themes/oneui/oneui.css.jgz"; @import "pvd/themes/pvd.css.jgz"; @import "pvr/themes/pvr.css.jgz"; @import "ecm/widget/viewer/crocodoc/viewer_min.css";   .loadingText { text-align: center; }     
</style>  
  <script src="dojo/dojo.js.jgz" data-dojo-config="locale: 'sk-sk', extraLocale: ['en'], parseOnLoad: true, has: {'dojo-bidi': false, 'text-direction': '', 'calendar-type': ''}, isDebug: false,aliases: [['dijit/BackgroundIframe', 'ecm/BackgroundIframe']],packages: [{name: 'idx', location: '../idx'}]"></script>  <script src="ecm/ecm.js.jgz"></script>  <script>  dojo.require("ecm.Logger");  ecm.logger.initLogger(0,false);  require(["dojo/domReady!", "dojo/dom"], function(domReady, dom){    var node = dom.byId("ECMWebUIloadingText"); if(node){ var loadingMsg = ""; if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("MSIE 8") > 0) { var image = dom.byId("ECMWebUIloadingAnimationImage"); if (image && image.style) { image.style.display = "none"; } if (ecm && ecm.messages && ecm.messages.ie8_not_supported_browser) { loadingMsg = ecm.messages.ie8_not_supported_browser; } else { loadingMsg = "IE8 is not a supported browser."; } } else { if (ecm && ecm.messages) { loadingMsg = ecm.messages.progress_message_getDesktop; } else { loadingMsg = "An error occurred when the browser attempted to load the ecm.js.jgz file from the application server.<br>The ecm.js.jgz file is required by IBM Content Navigator.<br><br>Please contact your system administrator and ask them to check the network or application server environment."; node.style.textAlign = "left"; var loadingAnimation = dom.byId("ECMWebUIloadingAnimationImage"); if (loadingAnimation) { loadingAnimation.style.display = "none"; } } } node.innerHTML = loadingMsg; } });  </script></head>
<body style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;">
<script type="text/javascript"> require(["ecm/widget/BookmarkPane"], function(BookmarkPane) { // Adding the bookmark pane programmatically since searchCriteriaJson may contain markup that would cause the Dojo parser to fail var pane = new BookmarkPane({ id: "ECMWebUI", browserLocale: "sk-sk", searchCriteriaJson: "", style: "width: 100%; height: 100%" }); pane.placeAt(dojo.body(), "first"); pane.startup(); });</script></body></html>

Here is the code i am using. Archived object surely exist, i can open it through OAAD using IBM content manager. Migh be the problem in using IBM archive ? Thanks for any advice.

CALL FUNCTION 'ARCHIV_GET_TABLE'
 EXPORTING
 AR_OBJECT = 'ZOZEO'
 OBJECT_ID = '9000000887'
 SAP_OBJECT = 'VBRK'
 IMPORTING
* LENGTH =
 BINLENGTH = LV_BINFILESIZE
 TABLES
 ARCHIVOBJECT = GT_ARCHIVOBJECT[]
 BINARCHIVOBJECT = GT_BINARCHIVOBJECT[]

CALL FUNCTION 'GUI_DOWNLOAD'
 EXPORTING
" BIN_FILESIZE = LV_BINFILESIZE
 FILENAME = lv_filename
 FILETYPE = 'BIN'
 TABLES
 DATA_TAB = GT_BINARCHIVOBJECT[]

9 REPLIES 9

0 Kudos

You can try below Logic.

Get ARCHIV_ID and ARC_DOC_ID from TOA01 Table by passing SAP_OBJECT and OBJECT_ID.

In LT_BIN, you will have the binary data

SELECT *
FROM TOA01
INTO ls_toa01
WHERE SAP_OBJECT = 'VBRK' AND
OBJECT_ID = '9000000887'.

CALL FUNCTION 'SCMS_DOC_READ'
    EXPORTING
      mandt                 = sy-mandt
      stor_cat              = lv_stor
      crep_id               = ls_toa01-archiv_id
      doc_id                = ls_toa01-arc_doc_id
    TABLES
      access_info           = lt_acess
*     CONTENT_TXT           =
      content_bin           = lt_bin
    EXCEPTIONS
      bad_storage_type      = 1
      bad_request           = 2
      unauthorized          = 3
      comp_not_found        = 4
      not_found             = 5
      forbidden             = 6
      conflict              = 7
      internal_server_error = 8
      error_http            = 9
      error_signature       = 10
      error_config          = 11
      error_format          = 12
      error_parameter       = 13
      error                 = 14
      OTHERS                = 15.
  IF sy-subrc <> 0.
* Implement suitable error handling here
  ENDIF.

0 Kudos

I tried your Logic, but result is same, corrupted PDF file which has weird content as i posted in my original question..

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I see is that you correctly decided to work with the files as binary (BINARCHIVOBJECT, FILETYPE = 'BIN')

But if you don't use this parameter in GUI_DOWNLOAD:

BIN_FILESIZE = LV_BINFILESIZE

then you'll get extra 00 bytes which don't exist in the archived file...

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excuse me, but did you really say "i open the saved pdf in notepad"? notepad for PDF? What do you mean? Could you show a screenshot because I don't understand what you mean?

juraj14
Explorer
0 Kudos

Well u can open pretty much everything in notepad... Opening PDF file in notepad is of course not optimal but when pdf file is corrupted and u cant open it in pdf reader, opening It in notepad gives u rough idea whats in that file and if its is right or wrong.For some reason i cant insert file even its .txt file and it should be permitted... So atleast i uploaded the .png screen of pdf file opened in notepad.

snimka.png

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay. I had not understood that you were really thinking that the HTML in your question was PDF. A true PDF file starts with ASCII characters %PDF-1.3 or something close (depends on version).

So, your problem is that you access the Content Management system incorrectly. Can you explain your ABAP program, what is around ARCHIV_GET_TABLE, how you get the archive ID and so on? And how you archived the PDF file?

juraj14
Explorer
0 Kudos

PDF file was archived using FM ARCHIV_CREATE_TABLE.

I was doing little bit of research and what i found out is:

1. I tried ARCHIVE_GET_TABLE, ARCHIVEOBJECT_GET_TABLE, ALINK_RFC_TABLE_GET and SCMS_HTTP_GET. Result is same, binary version of corrupted PDF (uploaded .png screen).

2. No matter what FILE i am trying to retrieve using FMs above, result (binary result) is always SAME. So i guess the content server is giving me some output no matter of request... or does not understand my request...

Other helpful info:

In OAC0 content is defined:

Document type = ARCHLINK

Storage type = HTTP content server

Link table is TOA01. Stored object type is SEPAMANDAT with custom document type.

ravi_rajput
Participant
0 Kudos

I am also facing similiar kind of issue when downloading PDF to desktop using Archive Function module. Is this issue solved by any chance ?

Please use the COMMENT button for comments, asking for complements, adding details, replying to a comment or a proposed solution or to the OP question, etc., ANSWER is only to propose a solution, dixit SAP text at the right of the answer area.