Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

starting new task writing to spool

hymavathi_oruganti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a report which i am running in background. Inside the report, i am calling a FM 'starting new task' (parallel processing). Inside the FM, there are some 'write' statements which need to be captured in background spool.

The spool is created when the FM is called as normal fm. But the spool is not created when i run the FM with 'starting new task'. 

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Hyma

2 REPLIES 2

Chintu6august
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you provide the code??

thank you!!

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

(Found somewhere in online documentation )

Classic lists are no longer intended for direct use in production programs. 

Could you consider not generating spool in the called FM but passing back some internal table to caller program, which will then append those data to the main spool request in some called method ON END OF TASK.

Else the FM is not execute in same session so I don't think it can be appended to main spool (and how concurrent request from multiple task could be handled, not easily?) You could generate the spool but would be commited to copy it somewhere where the main program session could read it so back to a returned parameter?

Hint: For which purpose do you generate a spool? if this is only some log, then better use Application Log (BC-SRV-BAL)

Regards,

Raymond