Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPL Usage with Standard Support

StephanHeinberg
Participant
0 Kudos

We would like to use UPL and activate data collection in the Solution Manager. However we only run on SAP Standard Support.

Does anybody know, if SAP allows using UPL (especially SM BW Data Collection) with Standard Support?

I raise this question, because SAP stats “using CCM tools in Solman requires Enterprise support”

Thank you,
Stephan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

juergen_mahler
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Stephan,

please contact your SAP account or support contact concerning usage rights, license audit and the contractional facts.

Regards,

Jürgen 

7 REPLIES 7

RyabovAlex
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Surely you can use.

Enterprise Support or Max Attention contract just gives more opportunities for SUPPORT, like ask SAP experts to come to you and have a workshop (speaking about Custom Code Management).

But it doesn't restrict you tonuse built in standard functionality.

0 Kudos

Dear Alex,

Are you sure about this? Do you have link to an official SAP Statement?

I hazard so much, because the whole content of http://service.sap.com/CustomCode is headlined under Enterprise Support.

Thanks,

Stephan

0 Kudos

Hello Stephan,

You could activate the Usage and Pprocedure Logging direktly in the managed system (e.g. with transaction cc_apps and UPL_control) and therefore nothing needs to be considered concerning SAP Solutaion Manager. 

For Custom Code Managment within SAP Solution Manager Enterprise Support is required:

https://support.sap.com/solution-manager/usage-rights.html

Regards,

Jürgen  

0 Kudos

Dear Jürgen,

that is what we currently do. But in the end, I need BW functionality.

SAP designed the UPL collection to stay small in the managed system. As a quick workaround I changed the retention time for the UPL data to 90 days using report /sdf/upl_control. But I need data 365 days+.

For me UPL and CCM-Tools are two pair of shoes.

What happens during license audit, if I activate just UPL BW in Solman?

Thanks,

Stephan

juergen_mahler
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Stephan,

please contact your SAP account or support contact concerning usage rights, license audit and the contractional facts.

Regards,

Jürgen 

0 Kudos

We contacted our SAP account manager a few month ago, without answer.

I don’t get, why SAP makes it so complicated. If UPL is bound to Enterprise Support, then I would expect a big disclaimer also in SDN.

0 Kudos

Hello Stephan,

Sorry for that., but your SAP Account manager should answer your last question.

Concerning UPL, SAP Solution Manager and Custom Code Management I would just repeat myself, because it's descibed in the Link .

Regards,

Jürgen