Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Blogs
Explore AI and ML blogs. Discover use cases, advancements, and the transformative potential of AI for businesses. Stay informed of trends and applications.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Much has been said and written about ChatGPT, which has undoubtedly changed how the world looks at AI and technology. This article talks about what Generative AI/ChatGPT seems like from a layman's point of view. Just my 2 cents and not a plethora full of technical jargon.

So, Let's look at what generative AI is (Let's call it GenAI). GenAI can generate various types of data, such as text, images, videos, etc., that are highly realistic and depicts human creativity. GenAI basically learns the patterns of existing data and learns to produce brand-new and unique outputs.

Generative Pre-trained Transformer (GPT) and Midjourney have advanced GenAI's competence remarkably. Bing Chat is another cousin of ChatGPT. Also, there is LaMDA by Google. There are other GenAI like DALL-E(tool for AI-Generated art) and Stable Diffusion.

GenAI has a tremendous impact on the content creation industry and many other sectors like art, healthcare, fashion, and anything that involves/requires any designing. Now comes the question, Are we ready to embrace this technology that will change the world's perception and make perception a reality"? Of course, we are, and we have already started. On a lighter note, now Chatbots are taking interviews!!

Like every industrial revolution / mechanical revolution/ social revolution had always faced resistance. Will GenAI see a similar fate! It might, it might not. What could be the reason behind the opposition (if any)? In my view, GenAI is like "Nuclear Power" If not used carefully, it would cause HAVOC !! Yes, it could be used to create fake news, deepfake, and many more such situations. Also, will Humans lose their jobs/employment to machines/Robots? Has not that started already? Didn't we all go n buy high-end and fully automatic Dishwashers, washing machines, air purifiers, and vacuum cleaners? Don't we already have driverless trains and cars etc. Will there be any Regulatory Acts(National/International) for robots/GenAI usages, and who will decide those, Men or Not! Food for thought.

The world is divided on this for sure, and I came across some interesting comments on GenAI during my research since my encounter with one :

"I'm increasingly inclined to think that there should be some regulatory oversight, maybe at the national and international level, just to ensure we don't do something very foolish. I mean with artificial intelligence we're summoning the demon."—Elon Musk warned at MIT's AeroAstro Centennial Symposium

"There is no reason and no way that a human mind can keep up with an artificial intelligence machine by 2035."—Gray Scott

"Artificial intelligence will be the ultimate version of Google. The ultimate search engine that would understand everything on the web. It would understand exactly what you wanted, and it would give you the right thing. We're nowhere near doing that now. However, we can get incrementally closer to that, and that is basically what we work on."-Larry Page (Co-founder and CEO, Alphabet Inc.' Google')

The varied use of GenAI will also increase the importance of Security, Audit, and compliance, not just at the Organization level but also at a personal level. Fighting against an unknown enemy is impossible. So let's learn, educate and empower everyone around us to be FUTURE READY.

Disclaimer:
SAP notes that posts about potential uses of generative AI and large language models are merely the individual poster's ideas and opinions, and do not represent SAP's official position or future development roadmap. SAP has no legal obligation or other commitment to pursue any course of business, or develop or release any functionality, mentioned in any post or related content on this website.
2 Comments
C5101149
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
Hi Ratna,

Do we offer SAP Training on Generative AI?

Kind Regards

Cedric Mabaso
Manju
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Is SAP coming up with a product to help their customers to do a quick testing on any changes to their customers production (Either SAP triggered or customer's own ) by utilizing GenAI in Test automation or change Impact analysis area?