Beginner Corner Blog Posts
Share your stories, ideas, and insights here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi All,

I’ll kick off the discussion and second post on the beginner corner! I’d first like to welcome everyone and let you know that the beginner corner is a great place to get connected with peers and SAP experts on all matters regarding your SAP learning journey.

Welcome to the Student Corner.jpg

We recommend you start learning with the Introducing End-to-End Business Processes for the Intelligent Enterprise learning journey to gain a baseline understanding of what we do and how. This will provide the context behind everything else that you will learn in the future.

Below is a short demo on how you can create an SAP Account and start interacting with us in the beginner corner:

David_Chaviano_0-1684326188609.png

If you have any other questions or comments, the beginner corner is here for you. No question is too simple or complex – we look forward to hearing from you.

Happy learning!

-David

163 Comments
nidal_34
Discoverer

Hello community sap 

adjeicharlie
Discoverer

adjeicharlie_0-1692012332236.png

Hello David,

I am so excited to share my completion of SAP HANA Cloud provisioning and administration

I would like to certify in this  course.

Thank you

Hello David,

I am Charles.  I would like to be considered for the digital skills initiative. 

It is hard to share that i find myself within the less privilege who cannot afford the cost of upskilling and training. Opportunity from the SAP digital skills initiate will help me learn more about the SAP ecosystem and the opportunities it gives for people with the IT industry.

Kind Regards

Charles 

nguyen_1999
Newcomer

Hello,

I'm Nguyen from Vietnam. A few years ago, my pursuit of a university degree in Japan was disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic. However, I didn't let that setback deter me, and I embarked on a new academic journey in Vietnam. During this period of study, I delved into the world of SAP, undertaking self-directed learning through various SAP resources and blogs.

Recently, I successfully completed an introductory course that enriched me with valuable knowledge. This experience could be seen as the initial step toward my aspiration of becoming a SAP Consultant. The course was thoughtfully designed, ensuring utmost clarity and aiding me in forming a comprehensive grasp of business operations. At present, I'm fully engaged in an internship role at Bosch, actively interfacing with the SAP system. Without a doubt, the insights gleaned from these courses will significantly shape my upcoming ventures in this field.

Best regards, Nguyen

2023-08-25_09h25_12.png

wilkinalexander
Discoverer

Hi you all newbie on SAP 

wilkinalexander
Discoverer
0 Kudos

learning SAP

MinakshiParate
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

My Name is Minakshi Parate... I have completed " Discovering End to End Business Processes for the Intelligent Enterprise" ... Now I am interested for the S4 / FI Certification... Would you please let me know how to Claim the free SAP Certification voucher... what is the next step for it..... Many thanks in advance

Angelo
Discoverer

Good afternoon,

If possible, I would love to subscribe into digital skills initiative.

Best regards,

Ângelo Alexandre

hoangtu08
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

My name is Ben, I am so excited about this journey into becoming an SAP certified .

christinachris
Newcomer

Hi

My name is Christina,i am a woman who  works at private sector and this program will help me to promote.I am so excited about this journey into becoming an SAP certified.

Please how do I access the course materials for SAP S/4HANA?

LaxmiM
Participant

Which Learning Journey would be helpful to complete the certifications for an SAP Technical Consultant, I have SAP Basis Administrator experience and would like to up skill and upgrade myself.

SAP HANA
#HANATEC

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @LaxmiM ,

Take a look at Onboarding with SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition

Does this resonate with you?

Explore Integrated Business Processes in SAP S/4HANA is more applicable to on-prem/private cloud. 

It really depends on what is being sought in your local job market!

LaxmiM
Participant

Thank you David, Onboarding with SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition should be my next goal.
I have already completed the Learning Journey: Provision and administer databases in SAP HANA Cloud

SAP S/4HANA

Venmani
Explorer

Hi! I am happy to be here.

Lookforward to learn more.. Contribute more..

Rolandha2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

@David_Chaviano , 

Hope all is well ! I’m reaching out because I am a Vower candidate for the SAP Citizen Developer Low Code/ No Code Certification. I would like another free  certification exam attempt. Please get back to me when you get a chance ! 

Thanks in advance, 

Roland 

SteveL
Explorer

hey everyone,  I look forward to chatting with you all as I start my journey to become SAP certified!

StephanieMarley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

@SteveL it is great to meet you in the community. May I ask what area you are interested in pursuing as you start your SAP learning journey? Also, be sure to check out Interest Groups | SAP Community & 'JOIN' the groups to stay engaged! Best of luck!

franco_cosoli
Discoverer

Hola! soy nuevo en la comunidad.

Estoy interesado en la certificación C_TS410, para ello estoy realizando una diplomatura en Brandenburg University. Se puede solicitar de forma gratuita el intento de certificación CER001 o CERS01 para realizar el examen luego de mi capacitación?

Saludos!

ennysvivas
Discoverer

Hi

My name is Ennys Vivas, a Computer Engineer by profession, I currently work as a University Professor and IT advisor. I am starting studies for SAP consulting taking the TS410 Winter 2023/24 endorsed by Brandenburg University, so I am interested in the voucher for the C_TS410 certification exam.

Thank you.

Profe_AndresABI
Explorer

Hi @David_Chaviano

We start TS410 WINTER SCHOOL 2023/24 Spanish version with Brandenburg University erp4students.org 

Our 18 Scholarships are going to ask for the free exam CERS01

Thanks for you Help. 

SAP Academic Board Iberoamerica 

AM83
Discoverer

Hi! 

I am an experienced IT worker and decided to change my career focus, looking for fresh air. I have been enjoying the SAP learning journeys! 
Thanks for supporting us in many ways! 

0 Kudos

Hi David,

Nice to meet you , thanks for the helpful video explaining the journey .

Excited to be a part of it and eager to learn 🙂

Thanks,

Manas

Sudarshan2
Explorer

Hi David and Team,

Thanks for all the opportunity and guidance.

I have register for digital skills initiative. I am so excited about this journey into becoming an SAP certified and also meeting with like minded friends.

Thanks.

lakhindraratha
Discoverer

Hii @David_Chaviano 

This looks like a great initiative and I'd love to be a part of it,

I Identify as a person in the below categories:

Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location.
First generation college student.
Currently working in a environment that's using SAP and would love to learn and develop more my skill set further.

Thanks for your time,

OlenaIvanova
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi @David_Chaviano and the team,

Thank you for the opportunity to join lectures and learning in SAP Open Lecture. I've already completed one-third of the learning journeys in the Business Processes Open Lecture course. Though I have little practical experience in BAS SAP, I appreciate the opportunities provided to achieve more, upskill, and get a free certification trial. I am delighted to have this knowledge and access to one of the highest-quality systems in the world. 

Thanks,

Olena.

sunnydhokwal
Newcomer

Dear David,

My name is Sunny Sharma and pursuing my regular Campus MBA from IU university Germany  ,I would like to expend my carrier with well-known SAP technology after my MBA so always I try to find the information and time to learn about new things in SAP technology so that I can groom my carrier with SAP. SAP ERP is one of the complete package for any business solution regarding Data and transections recording and reporting with AI technology including many more features, so I am keen to learn more about SAP technology and concepts for my bright future and carrier.

Here as a student I am looking for your support and help to learn more with SAP so request you to please if you can share voucher to me to learn and get my certification also so that as a certified consultant after my master I can support industries with my SAP skills and can groom my carrier also with most powerful ERP technology in world.

Best Regards,

Sunny

Erf27
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi world! Let's learn together. I'm hopeful for a better career by learning from this platform

Connie_Sim
Newcomer

Hey there,

This is Connie here. I'm glad to find this platform, as I have been interested in SAP for so long. Just have no luck finding the right platform to build my knowledge in this area. 

I am eager to learn more about the SAP ERP system, especially in the area of accounting and finance, thus I could become a SAP Functional Analyst in this area in the future.      

I have found the article "The digital skills initiative for women" very fascinating. I wish I could enrol on this course, and build my technical skills in SAP.

Hi @David_Chaviano, could you please provide me more information on the application of "The digital skills initiative for women" ? Thanks a lot! 🙂

Best wishes,
Connie

gadev
Discoverer

Hello SAPians,

I'm a professional with 9 years of experience, and I decided to change my career using my background and experience in mechanical (simulations) to the SAP way.

Can anyone help me with my SAP journey to become a SAP consultant with respect to my background?

Please share your thoughts and suggestions for going back to being a beginner after gaining nine years of professional experience.

Wish me the best luck on this journey.

Thank you,

Regards,

Gadev

Eve
Newcomer

Hi David,

Thank you for having me here.

My name is Evelyn and I'm new to SAP. I want to take part in the Digital Skills Initiative. I am a woman from Nigeria. Therefore I believe I belong to one or two of the category of people eligible for the initiative. Thank you for the opportunity and I look forward to hearing from you. 

danadiedrich
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano,

Greetings from Milwaukee! I've started my SAP Signavio Learning Journey. I'm hoping to complete it in the next few weeks and take the exam for the C_SIG_2201 certification. 

Thank you for providing this resource 🙂

Cheers,

Dana

Shivanip93
Newcomer

Hi Everyone ,

This is Shivani Pogaku from Michigan, USA. I am very excited to start my learning journey in SAP S4/HANA . I will be posting my learning updates and collaborate with you all. Happy Learning!!

Thanks,

Shivani

Hema_V
Discoverer

Hello,

I am Hema. I am glad to join this community. I am a stay at home mom. I have worked as a software tester many years ago. I am currently pursuing an accounting certificate course from a local community college. I came to know about this digital skills initiative while I was searching about SAP cloud analytics, which was mentioned in my college website. I would like to get into SAP field and make a career out of it. I am yet to pick a learning journey though. Any guidance in choosing a learning path will be much appreciated. Best to all!

SofiaT
Newcomer

Hello All,

My name is Sofia, I am a parent going through a mid-career life change and I am interested in the digital skills initiative. Looking forward to my learning journey and hope for the best!

Thank you!

StephanieMarley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

@SofiaT this sounds great and you have so much good stuff ahead. When you have a moment definately check-out the interest groups. You may want to get into the Welcome Corner - SAP Community as well to engage with others who may be geting their feet wet with SAP.

learning.sap.com is super great to take your first learning journeys for free! Enjoy.

ShaliniChauhan
Explorer

Hi,

I am Shalini. I am a former SAP Consultant with nearly 11 years of experience. I am on a career break and looking to get back and advance my skills. I am very interested in joining the digital initiative and have started my learning journey. 

Thanks,

Shalini

StephanieMarley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

@ShaliniChauhan great news. Welcome. I want to connect you with @David_Chaviano who may have some great suggestions. Are you interested in a certain product? Best of luck!

ShaliniChauhan
Explorer

@StephanieMarley @David_Chaviano 

Most of my prior experience was with SAP CRM Sales & Service. I am very interested in learning and exploring SAP CX~ Sales & Service Cloud. I have recently finished the learning journey on 'Implementing Service Cloud'. Just starting with 'Implementing and using Service Cloud ver 2'.

Liberty_Kuona
Discoverer

Hi, there. I am interested in the digital skills for the less privileged.  I am intrested in the certification. How do i go about it. 

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

@Liberty_Kuona - invite sent!

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Danni
Newcomer

Hello David and everyone! I am very interested in participating in the digital skills initiative. I have been struggling to find a work for more than a year now. I have never experienced a white-collar job as well. I need to incorporate a skill in SAP so I do not get rejected for job opportunities. I have more time now to study SAP. Thank you.

Chauni519
Explorer

Hello Everyone! 

My name is Chaunice I'm thrilled to express my keen interest in the Digital Skills Initiative for SAP. With a background in emergency services, and military logistics similar to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud and ERP I'm eager to transition into project management through SAP certifications. This opportunity aligns perfectly with my career aspirations, and I'm committed to contributing actively to the program

Chauni519
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! My name is Chaunice, I am a transitioning vet that has had previous experience with SAP ERP systems in my military career and most recently as a subcontractor. I want to explore a career as a SAP consultant in field of logistics/supply and any other industry that will permit me to expand in my portfolio. I am excited to start this journey into SAP to build upon the user knowledge I currently have. I am taking the SAP S/4HANA learning path. I intend to obtain a certification to supplement the SAP Technology Certificate from Coursera. 

VenkatramD
Discoverer

SAP Certified Development Associate - SAP Integration Suite 

Thank you David,

Thanks for your help and guidance in achieving my SAP certification. Much appreciated.

I wish All the very best for new learners exploring SAP path.

Thanks & Regards

Venkat

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Invites sent!

Rhalene
Discoverer

Hi, my name is Rhalene Duarte, I'm from Brazil and work as an Abap Consultant since 2008...a long time ago 🙂
I really enjoy work as a programmer an now I'm learning a little bit SAP PI because I started working with integrations. 
I'm now living in Portugal and have 2 beautiful daughters' 

Janny
Discoverer

Hi David,

I am excited to learn SAP and would like take the opportunity of the great initiative for a Free SAP Certification Exam attempt. I would like to learn and certify SAP MM and I am a holder of Honours Degree in Marketing.

Regards,

Janny

J_Star
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Hope you're doing well! I wanted to reach out regarding the Digital Skills Initiative within the SAP Ecosystem. After reading about the initiative's goals and eligibility criteria, I felt compelled to apply.

As a woman in mid-life looking to switch careers, I've been on the lookout for opportunities like this. It's reassuring to see a program that values diversity and aims to support underrepresented groups in the tech industry. I resonate with the inclusive approach, especially considering my own background and aspirations.

I'm excited about the prospect of diving into SAP and acquiring new skills through rigorous training for certification. I believe this experience will not only benefit me personally but also contribute positively to the tech community as a whole.

Thanks for considering my application.

Regards, 
Jean 🙂

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @J_Star - I seem unable to send you a private message with an invite to the digital skills initiative! Can you check your settings to ensure I can send you an invitation?