Beginner Corner Discussions
Reach out to instructors, professors, SAP experts or your peers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Abel,

You have mentioned "supply chain in SAP, (procurement, purchasing, inventory)", SAP Materials Management is the module for the same. 

I had gone through this journey long time back. In general following would be expected as you learn SAP and grow. The first 2 points are critical to start with, say to do certification, point 3 onwards it is critical for delivering projects as a SAP consultant.

1. Understand the Business Functionality. I see many people start with learning configuration and then try to understand the Business process. But it should be the other way around. For SAP MM (Materials Management), read SAP books TSCM50_1, TSCM50_2, TSCM52_1, TSCM52_2, these are participant handbooks for SAP's Instructor led training. And it covers the SAP MM Business processes and how they are dealt in SAP. 
  2. Understand and Practice configuration. You might have to get SAP system access to do the same. Check in SAP website or other 3rd party providers where you can get this access. You should be able to relate the configurations with the business process. 
  3. Working with customizations. Although SAP is a packaged software, every business has their custom requirement and hence in real life understanding these custom requirements and writing Functional Design for these requirements are very critical. Ideally you can get this experience only on the job. You can still google and check this one to get a feel of what kind of customizations are generally done in SAP MM.
  4. Understand how Data conversion (migration) works. Again comes through project experience.
  5. Some Basic knowledge (just the end to end flow) on other modules like SAP SD, FI, PP, PM so that we know how these modules integrate with SAP MM. 
  6. Understanding the external system integration. How external systems (either SAP or non-SAP) integrates with SAP. For instance we could have other planning systems like BlueYonder where the planning happens and it will feed Purchase Requisitions into SAP through IDOCs or Webservices. In real life integrations are very critical. 

0 Kudos

Hello my friend, please, which reference may help me to study warehouse in Sap.  Those reference that you gave me are also useful for warehouse?

Best regards,

Abel Carr

0 Kudos

Duraisamy,

Thanks a lot. I just found some resources in Google.  

For Warehouse in SAP those books are also useful? TSCM50_1, TSCM50_2, TSCM52_1, TSCM52_2