Beginner Corner Discussions
Reach out to instructors, professors, SAP experts or your peers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP enhancement

Dash
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi everybody! I am an absolute begginer in sap area therefore i ve installed SAP on a OpenSuse vm and also Sap GUI for learing purpose.

"SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP Developer Edition 7.52 SP04"

But on the Sap Menu folder list(see the image) there are no logistics, finances etc. It seems SAP enhancement package for erp is needed, but how exactly can i do this? Or is something else i need in this case ? thanks

Screenshot (184).png

3 REPLIES 3

Lukmanwi9130
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi @Dash

It seems that IDES is only for SAP Technical purposes

You can see that what you are using is "SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP Developer Edition 7.52 SP04"

Regards

Lukman

Senior Developer

0 Kudos

Hi, so what should i be using instead? And what do u mean by sap technical Purpose? regard

L_Skorwider
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dash,

What you installed is just Netweaver - a technical base of the system. Perfect for learning Basis, useful for Develpment and almost useless for modules. If this is enough for you, then you can consider also ABAP Platform Trial, which is base for the newer S/4HANA. You can check this post for an installation guide.

As it was mentioned you could use IDES system, which contains business logic, but from what I know there is no up-to-date version. Most probably this is a discontinued product. But you can doublecheck.

Most probably SAP S/4HANA 2023 Fully Activated Appliance would be suitable for you, but this is not free from what I know. You can check this.

But all depends on your requirements.

BR