Career Corner Blog Posts
Blog posts are a great way for SAP, customers, and partners to share advice, insights into career trends, new opportunities, and personal success stories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarah_loucks
Advisor
Advisor

SAP Autism Inclusion Pledge - The Stories That Made UsSAP Autism Inclusion Pledge - The Stories That Made UsI was one of 6 employees originally hired in Vancouver as part of the SAP Autism at Work (AaW) program in 2014. At that time, the program was still relatively new in Canada and SAP overall.

I vividly remember those early years as we went through the hiring process and eventual onboarding. The process was quite different from what one would expect from a traditional HR onboarding at that time. There was direct involvement from hiring managers, and skill-based vetting, conducted in the form of group labs as an alternative to conventional interviews.

Every time I take a walk around our building, I can remember the space as it was when we first joined. The conference rooms where we had our first group labs and interviews, and the first times we met colleagues on our teams. This memory all comes back to me in vibrant colors as if it were a Polaroid photograph pinned to my desk.

For many of us, SAP was the start of our professional careers.

Lots has changed since then, but lots also remains the same. We formed a very close bond as colleagues and friends, one that persists to this day and that we will cherish forever.

This story is in Brian's own words.