Career Corner Blog Posts
Blog posts are a great way for SAP, customers, and partners to share advice, insights into career trends, new opportunities, and personal success stories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarah_loucks
Advisor
Advisor

SAP Autism Inclusion Pledge - The Stories That Made UsSAP Autism Inclusion Pledge - The Stories That Made Us

Eight years ago, my remarkable journey with SAP Autism at Work (AaW) started when I became the first autistic person in SAP Latin America to join the program.

Marcia with beloved cat Chewie on a special visit to the officeMarcia with beloved cat Chewie on a special visit to the officeAt that time, AaW was just taking its initial steps, yet it has since made an immeasurable impact on both my professional and personal life. During this transformative period, I met and married my husband, who is also autistic and a fellow member of AaW.

I have had the privilege of collaborating with diverse teams, connecting with extraordinary individuals across SAP Global, participating in a fellowship program within AaW, and achieving the position of Senior Design Project Manager.

I even had the opportunity to lead the “Enabled” employee network group initiative at SAP Labs Brazil.

These eight years have been filled with meaningful experiences that could easily fill the pages of a book. I am immensely grateful for the program and the wealth of learning opportunities and support it has provided myself and others in this global program.

This story is in Marcia's own words.