Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help regarding to chose best SAP module for job in USA market

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Alpesh Patel here. I did my B.E. and M.E. in software field and worked three years in JAVA and oracle stuff. Now I am in USA and thinking to move in SAP job market.

I am confused to decide which module should I learn for better career?

CAN somebody tell me which module are the best for job in USA and after 5 years which module will be in high demand for indian job market?

I have ability to lean and work for any SAP module.

Please guide me regarding hotest SAP module to get a job in USA market.

Your reply will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all,

Alpesh Patel

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

Welcome to SDN.

Good that you are having 3 years of exp in Java.

In SAP there are three type of consultants. Functional Consultant, Technical Consultant and Basis Consultant. Functional Consultant is the person who interacts with business clients, gather requirements and prepare Functional Specifications. Technical Consultants are the people who prepare Technical Specifications and builds the code, prepare Unit Test Cases. Basis Consultants normally acts like a administrator and arranges to deploy the change requests from one system to other and others account administration tasks etc.

So, SAP Functional Consultants are typecasted as MM, SD, FI/CO,PP, PM etc like in other ERP.

If my understanding is correct, I think you want to become a Functional Consultant. Am I right? To become a Functional Consultant you need to choose the module depending on your experience or interest or domain knowledge or academic background which would be an added advantage and help you to learn the module more easily.

Frankly speaking we cannot predict anything in technology to tell which one be the best after 5 years which is a very long time from now.

But anytime FI/CO has the good demand. As far as my knowledge and experience is concerned, FI/CO Functional Consultants get into the management positions also in companies very quickly when compared to other Functional Consultants.

Presently Netweaver, MDM, FI/CO, SRM, APO are the hot modules.

Good Luck.....

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Srinivasa

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

Thanks for your comment and help. I am not yet decided regarding whether I will go for tech or functional consultant.

Since I have good exp in JAVA oracle programming, couple of my software friend in SAP field is saying ABAP and SAP portal will be the best choice for me.

So currently I am here in the situation:: Either I will end up doing ABAP/SAP portals

or in fuctional my thoughts are for FICO or CRM.

Please tell me your advice about what should I do?

Will ABAP/Portal more helpful for me or should I turn towards fuctional module??

Please help.

Thank You

0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

My suggestion to you is to go for ABAP and Portals (Netweaver). After working for few years, then you can decide whether to go for Functional Module or not and which one to pick.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Srinivasa

0 Kudos

Hello

Im Venu,i hav completed masters degree in electrical and electronics in 2007 december.Now im planning to get in to SAP BASIS,as iam completely unware of this field and concepts,Do you think it is a right option for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi alpesh

I suggestion you to go for ABAP-HR,Netweaver, EPP(Portal), BIW and XI are hot in market and its better choice since you are technie guy. If you do Netweaver it's very easy to shift since you have experience in JAVA.

You have not mentioned in which domain you are working currently and do you have idea of doing a MBA in future ?

Company expects real time experience in domain(like SALES) else they expect MBA or CA(FICO).

My suggestion for you to join Netweaver latter you can shift into any module.

If you post your resume in JAVA experience and mentioned that you are interested in SAP.Then you will get calls from company

Many of friends have got calls for SAP since they had JAVA experience

Please rewards points if its helpful and the productive hour which I have spend.

All the bst

Mohammed

Since your have

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sounds obvious, but find a module that you're interested in, and learn as much about other modules too - it always helps.

Kind regards

Ash Thomas

<a href=http://www.ashthomas.com>Sap Abap CV & Sap Abap Resume</a>

<a href=http://www.ashthomas.com>www.ashthomas.com</a>