Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenges when creating blogs, questions or group entries in the community

martinstenzig
Contributor

I wanted to see if I am the only one challenged with creating Code heavy entries in the community. One would wish that the SAP community had a better "code block" that supports standard markdown support so we have proper code formatting etc. 

I feel like 50% of the times when I post or comment on something and provide a Code snippet, it is getting garbled up. The answer that I have heard from others is, take code, copy into notepad to clean out formatting and then copy into community which seems cumbersome to me. 

Let's hear it and feel free to tell me I am alone on my island with challenges to use the interface. 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

abo
Active Contributor

Switch back to display mode and you should get rid of all HTML elements without the need for additional manual cleanup.

seVladimirs
Active Contributor

I completely agree. The addition of markdown support would greatly enhance the user experience on this platform. Using markdown syntax for code blocks would automatically format it.

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
@martinstenzig let us have a look into this.
We recently released additional coding languages so I would like to check with you whether you are using the insert code option, available from the second row of formatting controls.

sveabecker_0-1693485445839.jpeg

sveabecker_1-1693485454149.jpeg

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

0 Kudos

@sveabecker , I don't see that functionality in i.e. Ask a Question. Is that just available in Groups, but not the other part of the platform? 

martinstenzig_0-1693487258178.png

0 Kudos

This is good, but it's not auto format your code 🙂  so manual code formatting still would be required prio pasting it to that dialog

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

I thought you were referring to groups.community.sap.com, so yes, it's only available there.

In https://answers.sap.com/index.html you use the "CODE" field as shown in below screenshot @martinstenzig 

sveabecker_0-1693487709363.png

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----