Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

openSAP are shutting their free open doors

greg_not_so
Explorer

but who am i kidding other than myself? 10 years of free education could not last into eternity, right?

a couple of hundred bucks just for trying to get a passing score reminds me of early days of SAP + inflation of course - inflation of both in the number of certifications and what else in number of attempts required.

here is the official writeup: https://open.sap.com/news#post_da35347f-1788-46a2-a409-5bd0ce979332

thoughts?

9 REPLIES 9

abo
Active Contributor

I am always in favour of any company shooting itself in the foot 😉 and I will not make an exception here 😄 Apparently both CEOs and recruiters are foaming at the mouth about the lack of developers and making it ever so slightly harder to become one is going to please them... immensely.

That said, I have a reactivation code that I won't probably be able to use before the deadline expires... I wonder if it could be ported over to the new thingamajig.

matt
Active Contributor

@abo wrote:

Apparently both CEOs and recruiters are foaming at the mouth about the lack of developers 

That's a good thing if you're a developer!

JimSpath
Active Contributor

New decade, new platform. What's not to like? 😕

stevang
Active Participant

Pls find a lot of free (and good) training on https://learning.sap.com/

Many of those offer badges as well - and passing them is actually much easier than openSAP (unfortunately). 

greg_not_so
Explorer
0 Kudos

and just like that (3x50/50 pass) my open.sap.com journey has been completed after 10+ years.

wishing all good luck with your continuing SAP educational travels.

greg_not_so
Explorer
0 Kudos

atm, i think it's just one little door (the one that needs MSFT) for some reason:

Message: AADSTS90072: User account 'yup one of these' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'SAP SE' and cannot access the application '00000003-0000-0ff1-ce00-000000000000'(Office 365 SharePoint Online) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account

how did Azure get in the middle of my SAP education here?

i'm confused but willing to learn more.

Tomas_Buryanek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh no 😞 I quite liked openSAP for learning.

Well, I need to check few more courses until it will close this year...

-- Tomas --

0 Kudos

Why? In the name of the almighty. Why? Such a wonderful concept and upgrade tool for us professionals. If you think, add an AI tool and run it on AI model.

0 Kudos

WDYM?

-- Tomas --