Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your hobby? What's your passion?

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone,

Here's the definition for "Hobby" from Miriam-Webster's site:

1. Small Old World Falcon
  2. What a person does outside of his routine, especially for relaxation.

In this post I would like to focus on the second definition 🙂

When the kids were younger I had less time for hobbies but in the last few years they became more independent and that freed more time for me to do things that I like. Also, in the last few years we all had more time at home and it was essential to keep everyone in the family busy so the time stuck together went by nicely:).

My hobbies include:

Cooking- I've been cooking since I was little. Recently I was into making dreams come true where I made my childhood's favourite snacks that you would buy in a store such as chips (also sweet potato) , Bisli (spicy fried pasta snack) and also other finger food such as Falafel, Hummus, Pita bread, Sushi and more. You can check out the pictures and other great stuff that people made in this very popular and tasty thread.

sweetpotato (1).jpg

Hummus (2).jpg

Falafel2 (1).jpg

IMG_20220118_113237.jpg 

Carpentry- I was fortunate to take a carpentry course recently where we made unique shelves. I also bought my own tools so I have the flexibility to create more things at home. I love working with recycled wood which turns things that were doomed to be in the garbage to things that make my kids happy.

IMG_0202.jpg

Sports- Sports really makes feel better and calmer. I love the most a long walk on the beach but also my 6 KM outdoor run once in every two days also makes me very happy.

Poetry- Sometimes in the right mood I love to write to have a souvenir of a special moment or feeling. When I was younger I wrote a daily diary and it was really good for the soul.

Dancing- I love closing my eyes when in a festival or a party, concentrate on the music.

Well, these are (also) my hobbies? What are yours? What makes you happy? Feel free to share in a reply just the name of the hobby, a picture, a couple of lines or even tips for first steps for other community members interested in it.

88 REPLIES 88

@sveabecker it does look delicious. I just ate avocado toast - this was good too!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

Wow! Amazing. Do you have a secret tip to share? What kind of yeast do you use and how long do you let the dow expand?

Beside my job as a SAP project manager my passion is guiding guests to cultural sights, museums and telling about the history and the diverse aspects of life in former times. Coming from Vienna there is always a lot to see there and I even took a state exam for that, because it's not allowed to do it without it. I also started a blog for not so well-know sights, first in social media but also soon on my own website. 

Would be happy if that inspires you!

michaelerplatz.jpg

That sounds great, thanks for sharing. I think it's also a very special "part time job". Vienna is a beautiful city so I guess there is a lot to show and explain!

Beautiful picture, too 😍

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Amazing! Learning about cultures is one of my favorite things. I did a trip of almost two years and that was the aspect I enjoyed the most.

Thanks a lot for sharing and inspiring.

Daniel_L
Participant

Hi there,

as an IT consultant I know what I have worked on the whole day. But unfortunately I cannot held it in my hands (and show it to friends). So, I started to do some DIY, years ago. And I decided to work with wood mainly, because it pardons smaller failures - which always happen as a "professional amateur". Meawhile I finished several "projects". Here are three examples.

My first Adventskalender - for my wife:

1.PNG

My second Adventskalender - for my son:

2.PNG

My third Adventskalender - also for my son:

IMG_5627.JPG

I also created other things. Some funny, some functional helpful things like a bottle regal for the fridge, some nice ones for the garden...

What do you thing about that?

Daniel

0 Kudos

@Daniel_L Amazing! I loved the creations and the pictures/lighting.

Is there one moment that you remember that inspired you to embark on this journey? Would love to hear more about the creation journey. Do you work with a plan or you do it freestyle?

Wow!

Moshe

Thanks, @moshenaveh ,

well, the first one I accidentally found as a work instruction on the Toom homepage. But as an engenieer I always rethink ideas and - although the work instruction was not my one - add my own features. In this case I added the distancers to the wall and the lightning.

The 2nd one I have seen as a 20cm model somewhere and loved it. So, it was a small step to create it as an Adventskalender as of about 1m high. I also added the distancers and the lightning (here as choice between white and blue lights). And furthermore the broom is an original witch broom - really! A friend of mine is member of a witch carnival clique. I gave her the wooden club I found in the forest and she created the broom for me.

The third one originally is a toy car of my son. Imagine his eyes when he stood in front of this Adventscalender on 1st of December...
Here is the HowTo:
Wallpaper Adventskalender_16_9.png

The idea for the 4th one is already in my mind... 

... be patient until December 2023... 😉

Daniel

0 Kudos

Wow! 

Very inspiring, thank you! Your Son is lucky:).

During the lockdowns I also had the opportunity to explore different creations. 

Would love to see more pictures of your creations:)