Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the "follow user" option in the new Community?

VXLozano
Active Contributor

I'm sorry if someone has asked it, or if it's somewhere in neon lights and I've been blind to it, but I cannot find a way to follow people (to have notifications when they publish something new).

Is it something related with the banner in the "following" page?

Welcome to new SAP Profile beta
Currently this service is being developed and therefore some functionality is not available or disabled.

I missed my yearly International Editable SALV Day because Haul Pardy has a new ID, and I want not to miss anything else.

Edited: someone decided to replace the quote with a spoiler thing that does NOT work sometimes (or never, I don't know)

5 REPLIES 5

kirankumar440
Participant
0 Kudos

I am also looking for the same since I started using this new SAP Community forum.

But, could not find any solution for it so far.

Thanks

Kiran K

kirankumar440
Participant
0 Kudos

++ @MirkoF 

Xenia
Advisor
Advisor

Hi I use a workaround for that (via RSS feed, but hopefully the follow function will be brought back soon...):

1. go to users: https://community.sap.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user 

2. search for the user, you would like to follow

3. klick on respective users posts:

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 18.16.34.png

4. klick on "Options" -> "subscribe to RSS":

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 18.18.25.png

5. use the feed URL for your RSS reader:

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 18.21.12.png

0 Kudos

Hello @Xenia thanks for the Workaround steps.

a)Could you please explain the step5 with some more details ? Once we get the URL ? what are the next steps ? can you please add the steps with screenshots ?

b) Also , if any new content gets added , will that work ? or we get notifications for only existing contents of that user?

0 Kudos

Hi @kirankumar440 ,

a) this depends on your OS and the RSS reader of choice... I suggest looking at open source RRS readers or alternatives, that fit your need and see on how to configure them, but this should be quite easy

b) if you use the respective link (as in pic 5) you'll get all the posts from the respective user (just verified this looking at my feeds)